•|punishment

Ayla:

My shirt was on fire but my gaze was fixed on Enzo's burned body.

Two boys came running as one of them pulled me out, from behind the chair and hugged me, making his uniform catch fire too.

I was in shock to notice who it was or what was happening. The only thing I felt was my chest and back, burning.

He ran out and some people poured buckets of water on us.
I wanted to scream and ask them to help Enzo but I was paralyzed.

My eyes flew open as I tried to breathe and looked around. I was in Marino's car and he was driving silently.

I'm getting the nightmares frequently now.

Gosh! I must have gotten drunk.
I wiped my sweaty hands on my dress.

"Drink it"
He hand me a water bottle while his eyes were still on the road.

"Thanks"
I whispered and drank the water hurriedly.

Marino's action a while ago stormed through my mind and I held back a smile.

The way he held me infront of Alex...it all felt too good but let's not feel that way Ayla.

My eyes travelled out the window as many street lights passed by illuminating a beautiful straight line of brightness.

"Why did you decided to marry me...I mean you could've used me for other labor purpose?"
I asked all of a sudden as my heart was not ready for his reply.

"To inherit my father's property because I'm turning 30 soon and your father immediately decided to sell you to me...so I guess I got an apportuinity"
He replied coldly.

Oh... I'm such an idiot for having high hopes.

"But why me? I mean you could have married any other girl without buying her"
I whispered with a pinch of sadness in my tone and started fidgeting with my fingers.

He stiffened and stayed silent.
I bit my lips and fidgeted with my fingers more anxiously.

My eyes darted towards him and I bit my lips.

"Do you..fell in love with me at first sight??"

His grip on the starring wheel tightened and he sighed.

"Don't be stupid!
I don't love you Ayla!! so stop being annoying. We made a deal and you wilingly signed the contract!"

"Sorry.. I'm sorry"
My words came out mixed with a soft chuckle and hint of regret.

"As I warned you before Ayla..I don't fucking like mistakes.
Don't end up falling in love with me, you'll find your heart crushed in million pieces in the end!"

Marino growled and I don't know why he said that???

Maybe I do and I'm rejecting myself!

I decided to stay silent because there was no point in arguing.

He is right!

When Marino and I made this whole marriage contract, one thing I didn't focused on was that how long will this contract be.

As he said right now that his purpose for marrying me was to inherit his father will...but something feels off.

My eyes lingered out the window again.

Slowly my mind drifted off to the same deep ocean which is always pulling my leg.

Millions negative thoughts came rushing and now I realized what a foolish mistake I made.

The Lucciano जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें