15 || The Road Runner (If He Was Hot)

Popular - The Weeknd

𓆩𓆪
Alexander

"What should we do about her?"

I look over to my left and see Evie slumped against the armrest, her hood is pulled up so I can't see her face but by her still demeanor, we can all tell she's asleep.

I stand up and turn the TV off. "I'll take care of it, you guys can go upstairs." I keep my voice low and put the remote back on the coffee table.

They seem willing to leave it up to me with the exception of Matt. Instead of nodding and walking towards the stairs, he just has to comment.

"Of course you will." he says sarcastically, giving me a pointed look.

I ignore him for a moment while the others laugh quietly by the railing. "Do you want to wake her up?" I offer.

"Nah," he shrugs before glancing between me and a sleeping Evie. "I think you got it." I don't miss the smirk on his face, knowing exactly what he's getting at as he walks away.

I turn around hearing the creak of the steps as they head upstairs, knowing that me waking her up is better than Matt's option.

"Why not just leave her on the couch?"

I love the guy to death but he knows nothing about common courtesy. She just offered to drive us all to a party he wants to go to, the least we can do is not leave her here.

All I have to do now as I stand above her, is wake her up. It shouldn't be a problem, I've woken up my sisters hundreds of times over the years and they go calmly.

But I'd be lying if I said everyone was the same. I wake up Matt and I get a solid punch on the shoulder.

I sit back down and choose the safest way to wake her by tapping her shoulder, repeatedly. "Evie," She starts to shift and I say her name again. "Evie."

A tired mumble leaves her lips but goes right into her arm. Her body turns towards me, her head lolling to the side as she answers me tiredly. "What?"

I stand up hearing her take in a long, quiet breath. Coming to her weary senses she starts to sit up, I reach out a hand to help her up. "C'mon."

Her eyes are barely open and I must misunderstand the tone of her last words because she hits my hand away moments later. "I don't need your help."

I muster a laugh at her words. Half asleep and she's still stubborn.

Watching her struggle to get up makes me think she didn't mean it, but if there's one thing I know about someone who's just woken up, they're grumpy.

And with her stubbornness, I'm not sure I want to test that theory.

She gets to her crutches and takes a few steps forward before muttering something at me in a foreign language. "Trag mich wenigstens das nächste Mal."
[German: At least carry me next time.]

I stand and tilt my head at her as she crutches down the hall.

I wonder what she said.

Evie

I think I underestimated the concept of bringing these four to a party.

Majorly underestimated.

Not only did they pregame before we got in the car, but the turnout for this party was massive. I found myself parking an entire two blocks away.

Which would be a hassle if I had to crutch the entire distance, but a check up from my doctor this week confirmed that I didn't need them anymore.