Twenty nine

Mariah was like a statue when Azura finally finished talking, she couldn’t believe that her nightmares were after all not nightmares but memories, but why would Alador lie to her? Why would he say that they were just nightmares? Also, she has died five times already and she was killed in all? That explains it, that explains the type of clothes she was wearing in her dreams, that explains the mystery of everything.
Hackeries? So that’s what they are called? She thought, remembering the description Azura gave and how it matched the creatures she saw chasing and killing her in her dream that night Alador was in her room. So Alador knows of all these and he refused to tell her? He was hiding it from her? But why? Why would he be hiding it from her?
“He was trying to protect you,” Azura answered with a roll of her eyes, “I cannot believe you have not figured that out yet.”
“I have the right to know, he shouldn’t hide it from me, this is about my wellbeing, my survival, I should know everything!” Mariah said.
“Your third life he told you, what difference did it make? You still died, doing away with all memories and leaving him to bear the pain alone, leaving him to remember how bad it hurt to lose you. My son has suffered for your sake, do you have any idea the pain, the misery and the emptiness that comes with losing a mate? I can tell because I know the pain I felt, I know the misery I passed through, how everything meant nothing when I lost my Zackary, I have still not gotten over the pain yet and t’s been eight hundred years. The pain and memory is still fresh in my mind like it happened only but yesterday. That kind of pain, that everlasting misery should not be wished on anybody, should not be witnessed by any god, but my son has gone through it five good times, just imagine the pain.
I lost Zackary and when I finally accepted that he was gone and only waiting for my time to meet him in the eternal life, it gives me hope whenever I think of it, knowing that once I close my eyes in death, I would be reunited with him. But think about Alador, not only has he witnessed your death five times, gone through the pain that comes with it, the misery, the emptiness and the feelings to just…end it all, he is still going to lose you. If you should die again, not only would he wallow in pain, but when he finally dies, he is never meeting you ever again, he would be forever doomed to leave with only your memory, to miss you and yet not have you, to long for you and yet not touch you, to cry for you but you will never know. Can you imagine that pain where you will be missing something, longing for something but no one around can help you, some of them would not even know what you are talking about because you do not exist, that is the pain you are casting on my son, that is the future you are setting for him.
Imagine yourself as a mother and knowing this would be the fate of your son, how would you feel? Answer me, how would you feel!” She screamed, her blue hair glowing brighter just like her eyes lit up like blue touch, strong winds filled the hall that Mariah had to block her eyes and stand firmly on the floor that she would not be carried away.
Soon the air started turning cold and dropping below room temperature, Mariah was not only avoiding the wind but also freezing, she glanced pleadingly at the woman who was standing two meters up from the ground, her flying around her face and her eyes glowing a bright blue, “I-I-I-I-I….” Mariah tried to say something but she doesn’t know what to say and her teeth was chattering in the cold, she could feel her blood stop flowing in her veins, her heart beats slowing down and she knew she was dying, she didn’t need to be told.
“Freezing her to death is not going stop Alador’s future, mother, you need to think before you act, t’s what you always say.” A voice said somewhere in the freezing room, “Alador is already trying to kill himself, if he hears you killed her, what do you think would happen? You need to think about the reason you are doing this, would Alador want this mother?”
Mariah could her feel her feet frozen to the earth, her body was trembling and even her own touch was ice cold. Her eyelids were fighting to drop until she noticed a sudden warmth on her back and saw Azura returning back to the beautiful woman she had been talking to. The room was picking up warmth in such great speed that she wondered if a thousand fire-woods were turned on. Then from behind her stepped out a woman with orange hair and golden eyes. Only on Alador had she seen those eyes but even Alador’s eyes were different from the woman’s own. While Alador has a touch of black in his eyes, this woman’s eyes were just pure gold, like a free fire trying to eat up anything in its part.
When Mariah was finally warm and even slightly sweating, she whispered to the woman, “thank you.”
“I didn’t do it for you,” she replied in a cold voice but Mariah was still able to detect that her accent doesn’t sound ancient like Alador’s. “Yes, because I interact with people often while Alador only hides himself in that forest, never mixing with the people and learning something new,” she glared at her before rushing to Azura and helping her to stand. “There now, you are fine, you will be fine,” she lead her to sit on one of the thrones. Mariah watched her placed her hand on Azura’s forehead and she saw something like a low orange light emanating from her hand entering Azura’s body through her forehead. Then she heard Azura sigh in contentment. “Feel any better?”
“Yes my dear, thank you and also, thank you for stopping me, I would have regretted my action.”
“I know,” the lady smiled.
“I let my emotion get the best of me.”
“I know, but don’t worry, everything is fine now.”
“Aye, with you here,” Azura smiled lovingly at her.
“I would always be here, mother, always.”
Azura watched the mother and daughter reaction and was instantly reminded of her mother, she always thought her mother was being overly loving but what she was watching made her miss Lydia and prayed in her heart to leave there alive in order to give her a warm hug when she sees her again.
“You are wrong,” Azura interrupted her hearty thought, “we are not biological mother and daughter,” she looked at Mariah, “this is Bamushka, Alador’s betrothed.”