❤️‍🩹8❤️‍🩹

Pov Shumaila

It was wonderful, I'd always wanted to be a teacher, part of me seeing my parents find happiness in it, but I was so scared to find out when I actually realised my dream that it wasn't what I wanted to do, heart-breaking.

But I was reassured, al-hamdulillah, I'd been teaching my primary class for four weeks now, and I've never felt so fulfilled.

I'd finished my day a little late today, having had to attend a debriefing meeting with all my other colleagues.

So I hurried over to my scooter, Mrs Jalees wanted the driver to drop me off and bring me back but I preferred to be on my own and it wasn't really practical to get to work every day with all the traffic.

I put my handbag on my scooter, put on my helmet and started up my scooter, but I frowned when I saw it make a strange noise when it started up, especially as I could see black smoke coming out of the engine.

"What's going on ?" I asked myself.

I bought this scooter two years ago and it's never done that to me, maybe it needs a service.

"Shumaila, what's wrong ?" I heard a voice say.

I turned to Afid, my maths colleague, and he came towards me.

"I don't know, my scooter won't start" I said, explaining my situation.

I got off my scooter, and he tried to start it instead, but came back with the same problem.

"I think there's a problem, it should be sent to the garage", he said.

I agreed, but I was starting to worry about how I was going to get home now, the driver had had to finish his day too, and I wasn't in an area where I could easily get a rickshaw.

"I can give you a lift home," Afid offered.

I looked at him hesitantly, it wasn't that I didn't trust him but there was a rumour going around that apparently he liked me, and although I told myself it wasn't true, I didn't think being accompanied by him during the night was a good idea, he might get the wrong idea, and on top of that he didn't know I was married, so even more confusion that he would take that as a positive sign.

"I reassure you, it won't bother me and I'll have a light heart to know that you're back home safe," he tells me sincerely.

"Afid, thank you, but I think I can manage" I politely decline.

But he made a disapproving pout, and continued to force me to take him back, finally, he left to get his motorbike, and came back towards me, I really looked at him hesitantly.

Pov Uzair

I honked my horn loudly enough to get Shumaila to finally turn around instead of concentrating on this stranger who was watching her with far too much interest.

I rolled down the window on my side, "Uzair ?" said Shumaila, opening her eyes in surprise.

But I didn't answer, I was busy glaring at the man beside her who was looking at me as if I'd just ruined the chance of a lifetime.

"Do you know Shumaila ?" he asked suspiciously.

I gritted my teeth but who the hell was he to interfere, Shumaila nodded.

"He's... He's my hus...Best friend, Uzair and Uzair, he's my work colleague" she said, suddenly hesitant.

The expression on my face hardened instantly as I didn't like the way she'd just introduced me or that stupid smile that was making her famous college look.