Chapter Seven

⚠️warning⚠️
This chapter features minor themes of
violence and gore.

You've been warned.

-•🕸️•-

      In the streets of Nueva York, everything was but silent. Millions screamed below the rubble of a fallen building- half of them pitiful cries that sounded like a dying animal that had accepted its fate.

Several towers smoked with pillars of black streaks in the sky, choking even the view of its flames.

Miguel had never seen such chaos before in his life- not even through the eyes of spider-man.

Fire blazed from a hover car as it plummeted to the earth's surface. Sirens blared as the public eyes zoomed down the highway after a dark creature in the sky.

Miguel had faced many foes, from a cyborg cowboy to a vile street thug with mechanical wings. But never, had he faced raw evil such as this.

Wind crashed against his body as he swung, momentum pressing a heavy weight on him that even his suit struggled to sustain. He had never gone this fast before, but he was determined to go faster. To go further than the limits he was already pushing.

He dove down between a tight opening of hover crafts, zooming in on the dark form that swung yards away from him.

Miguel's heart was loud in his ears, but not loud enough to mute the heart wrenching screams that overpowered it.

The air in front of him morphed into a building, glass shattering as he braced his arms in front of his face, tumbling across floor.

He hissed at the glass shards that pierced his skin, his hands pressing to the ground as he lifted himself up. Crimson droplets littered the floor, leaving a trail as he staggered forward.

Just then he was rolled over as the room spun, landing on the ceiling with a loud crack as the force broke what felt like his left rib. Ribbons of red streaked his vision, his sight vignetted.

He shook his head, disoriented and confused with how the world kept shifting around him. One minute he was swinging through the streets, and the next, somewhere else.

A cold voice laughed around him, lifting the hair on his neck and sending chills that replaced his blood with ice. His heart was thundering. Head pounding.

"Oh itsy bitsy spider~" the voice sang, only piercing into Miguel.

He stood up shakily, clutching his shoulder and tearing out a glass shard. His suit sparked and mended the opening in his suit in an array of blue and red.

He was standing in a dark corridor, a red light at the end. He didn't want to go towards it, but it was like his feet moved of its own volition.

"Climbed down a great big hole,"

Miguel held his breath, the sound of whimpers and crying echoing around him. He passed by a mirror, noticing his mask was glitching- torn down his eye and revealing the gleaming red of his iris.

"In went his love,"

Miguel froze as he reached the end of the hall, a door in front of him. He looked down at his feet, blood crawling out from the crack.

He couldn't stop his hand from reaching for the knob. Couldn't stop his wrist from twisting. Couldn't close his eyes as he saw the contorted form of a woman lying on the floor of a balcony, or the river of blood that flowed from her.