𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

read, vote, comment, enjoy!

***

There was a knock on my door at seven am, Kieran's voice rang, "Get up, you have to be at school at eight!"

His words last night echoed in my head after he left.

She's honestly such a bitch. I don't even know why Wilson agreed to it. We both know he doesn't care. No one cares for her. She should've been in the house and burned to death.

Right, well, I don't care anymore. None of them mattered or existed to me anymore. Today was a day to just survive high school.

I quickly got ready, and was dressed in a gray crew neck and black joggers paired with vans. I remembered the good old days, when my mother threw away my shoes, so I had to walk to school barefoot. But of course, no one noticed at all.

I went down and greeted Wilson, ignoring the others. I quickly ate the waffles on the plate, ignoring my stomach which was begging me to stop eating. But my stomach retaliated. So I threw up in my bathroom, and as soon as I stood up, I felt like I was going to faint. I held on to the bathroom counter, willing myself to ground myself to the world, breathing slowly, finally gaining vision.

I got my backpack out, stuffing it with notebooks and pens, before shoving my phone in my pocket, before exiting the room just as Wilson called for me.

"I'm off to work. Romero or Elijah will drop you off and pick you up." He soon left after that with Kieran following him.

"Right, so we're not going to drop you off or pick you up." Romero crossed his arms, glaring at me.

"Okay, what's the name of my school?" I had to remember I couldn't talk back with an attitude, otherwise I would get punished. So stupid.

"Good luck figuring that out, but you can't tell Wilson or Kieran. Or you'll get it." Elijah leaned in, shoving his fist in my face, threatening look in his eye.

I guarantee you that if he did punch me, I would be coughing up blood. But it's not like he would care. 

"Fine." I left the house, pulling out my phone to figure out what I should do next. I searched up all the schools near the house, and filtered it to high schools. There were two high schools - Ainsley High School and Rein High School. Knowing Wilson, he would want me to go to a high performing school, which meant Rein High School.

Rein was two miles away, and from here it would take 30 minutes to walk. If I walked now, I would be late. It's a good thing I was a good runner, which meant I arrived at the school about fifteen minutes, giving me ten minutes before class started.

Breathing quickly, I went inside the school and attempted to find my way towards the main office. Key word was attempted because someone grabbed me by the arm. I turned around, pulling my arm out of their grasp, to see a girl.

She had big doe eyes, but it fit with the enthusiastic aura around her. Her hair was up in a high ponytail, seeming to swing side to side as she bounced with a friendly smile fixed.

"Hi!" She gave a friendly vibe, but I still didn't trust her. "Are you new here?"

"Yeah, can you tell me where the main office is?"

"Actually I can show you."

"That's fine. But I'd rather have directions." I didn't know her, and I didn't want to know her.

"Oh, alright. It's down the hall towards the middle, go up and it's the first door on the left. Hope that helps!"

"It does, thank you." I nodded curtly at her, before following the directions.