ᵒᴺᵉ

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ᴰᵉᵈⁱᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ : ᴾᵃᵖᵃʳᵃᶻᶻⁱ ⁻ ᴸᵃᵈʸ ᴳᵃᵍᵃ

Fleurette and Reina quietly whisper about the bat mitzvah they are about to attend.
"There better be twisters," Fleurette says, getting Twizzlers and twisters mixed up. You see, Fleurette, their mom, Alexis, and Reina just moved from Marseille, France to the US. They knew a decent amount of English, you know, the basics. Now, they have to learn the difference between similar words. For example, do they use saw or seen? It's confusing as hell.
"Twizzlers, you idiot," Reina expresses, touching up her Rare Beauty lip oil and fixing her pink and white short dress.
"Who's bat mitzvah is this for again?" Fleurette asks Reina. Reina thinks.
"Oh, Devin."
"Who's that?" Fleurette questions.
"I don't know, I just get invited to mitzvahs," Reina says. Fleurette rolls her eyes, as their mom pulls up to the synagogue. The girls step out of the car. Reina pulls her dress up, and Fleurette brushes her hair with her hands. They walk in, and the music is blaring in their ears. The disco ball was shining on their faces, and Reina and Fleurette scream at each other to hear themselves.
"Have fun Fleur!"
"You too, miss popular!"
Reina searches the crowd for Kym, Anya, and Megan, Reina's new friends. As soon as Reina moved, Kym saw her and started to talk to her, sat next to her, and started texting. It's like she was adopted by the popular kids.
"Reina!" Anya shouts from the crowd. Reina walks over, and hugs the group.
"What's up ladies? Oh my word, look at those adorable birds!" Reina greets, getting sidetracked. They walk up to the birds. Reina turns and looks for her sister, but she sees a group of girls instead. Two are in purple shirts, and the other two are wearing dresses. She overhears their conversation.
"Oh my god, why do Kym, Anya, and Megan always look so cool?" One girl with a purple hoodie asks.
"Omg, who's that new girl with them?" A red head asks.
"I heard that she just moved from Italy, and she used to swim with dolphins!" A girl with short, wavy hair expresses.
"Whoever she is, she's gonna be an asshole if she hangs out with that group any longer."
Lovely. She looks at them, and turns back around at her friends.
"Are those birds rescued?" Megan questions.
"Say what?" The old man asks.
"They better be," Kym states, rolling her eyes. They walk away, Anya and Reina side eyeing the guy with the birds. They find a place to get snacks, and take some. Reina takes Twizzlers for Fleurette, and M&Ms for herself.
"So, how do you like it here so far?" Kym asks Reina.
"It's alright. Hey, is it true that people think that I'm Italian?" Reina wonders.
"Yea. People are so stupid. They can't even tell the difference between different European countries!" Anya expresses. The other three chuckle.
"Oh my god, look at Andy Goldfarb," Kym says.
"He looks so cute today," Megan expresses.
"Ugh, he's literally perfect!" Anya explains. The three girls look at Reina. To be honest, Reina didn't see anything in him. She just saw him as a normal guy who thinks everything is about him. She didn't want to tell her friends that, just in case they drop her.
"I wish he would talk to me." That's the first thing that came to her mind. Fuck.
"Let's go film a TikTok with him then!" Anya expresses.
"Oh it's okay-"
"Let's go guys," Kym says, walking over towards him and his friends. Reina leaves the Twizzlers, and then Reina, Megan, and Anya follow her.
"Hey Andy! Andy, this is Reina, the girl who moved from France. Reina, this is Andy," Megan introduces.
"What's good, Rei," Andy sticks his hand out. Reina shakes it, clearly uncomfortable.
"It's Reina, and hey Andy." Kym and Megan look at each other, and then back at the two.
"Soo, wanna film a TikTok?" Anya asks.
"Sure. You know how to film a TikTok Rei?" Andy jokes.
"Andy she's just from Europe. She's not sheltered," Kym says, chuckling. "Let's go, guys." The five walk away from the rest of the guys, and go to an emptyish spot. Anya pulls out her phone to record.
"Thanks Anya. Now, just follow after us, Reina," Megan says. They start dancing, and Reina easily copies them. Once they try 5 times, they finally get the perfect video.
"Not too bad for a Frenchie," Andy jokes. Reina rolls her brown eyes, and cracks a smile. She looks over, and sees her sister dancing with 2 other girls. She jumps up in the air, waves, and smiles. Reina waves to Fleurette. Her older sister sees Andy, and mouths, "you got a boyfriend?" Reina mouths, "no way!"
"That's your sister?" Anya asks. Reina nods.
"Wow, she's so pretty!" Reina smiles.
"Cmon, let's dance everybody. Come on!" DJ Schmuley shouts into his microphone with Dont Stop Now by Dua Lipa playing in the background. Andy goes back to his friends, and the four girls dance with each other. Kym dances with Reina, and Megan dances with Anya.
"Kym, you're skirt is amazing. I adore it," Reina compliments. Kym smiles.
"Thanks. By the way, it's a dress, not to be rude though!" Kym shouts over the blaring music.
"Okay, thanks!"
"Let me hear you scream! Schmu!" DJ Schmuely shouts.
"Ley!" The crowd responds.
"Schmu!"
"Ley!!"
"Oh my god, if this goes on for any longer I'll actually lose my voice," Megan screams.
"Then maybe don't scream?" Reina jokes. The four girls laugh, jump around, and dance without a care in the world. Reina loves her new life. She's popular, has friends, and gets to attend the best bat mitzvahs ever.

ᵗ ʰ ᵃ ⁿ ᵏ ˢ ᶠ ᵒ ʳ ʳ ᵉ ᵃ ᵈ ⁱ ⁿ ᵍ 🎀