Chapter 16

"Kellam we need to talk."

"Is everything ok?"

"We need to talk about the people you have around you. This is a new start. It's time for new people. No one believe in you. Those are not people you want around you. They think you're weak and I know you're not. A weak person don't survive what you survive."

"This kingdom hasn't been the same since my parents died. Many knights left for neighboring kingdoms. They don't see the purpose here anymore."

"Is this the only dragon kingdom?"

"Yes. The strongest despite having a few people. Dragon riders move on to different opportunities."

"So if we get dragons then there's a chance of the kingdom going back to what it once was."

"Yes. But not everyone can be trusted with a dragon. Silver knights where the the best of the kingdom."

"What happened to them?"

"They went there separate ways. I don't know if any is still alive or if they have families. But I'll send the message out. Hopefully we get some response."

"How many eggs are there?"

"It double every hundred years so there are millions."

"Are you sure I'm the right person to sit beside you? I don't have a problem standing behind you."

"In the short time I've known you, you show me there's something to live for. I woke up everyday with a smile on my face. You're perfect."

Selah wrap her arms around his waist as best as she could. She was happy to be here and this man was the reason for it. "I'm glad I met you."

"So am I."

"Shall we check on our dragons?"

"Well the moon is almost full so we better."

Together they walk to the lava pit below the castle. It was a long way down but with Kellam being able to fly they were at the bottom in no time.

Selah yelp in surprise as the place lit up and Kellam's hand on her back scare her silly. It doesn't help that there are butterflies in her stomach.

"Soon everywhere will be filled with baby dragons."

Selah touch the eggs. Warmth spread through her body.

"What is this feeling?"

Kellam kneel behind her and cover her hands that were on the egg. "That's the connection. It's like a connection between parents and child."

"But..."

Kellam look at her as her face redden.

"Is there a hidden meaning behind that?"

"Do you think there is Selah?"

Her stuttering wasn't helping the situation!

"Kellam?"

"Mhm."

"You're too close."

"I think there's space between us. I can't give more than that."