xv. to feed at the hand of the golden roses

╔════════════╗
LADY JEYNE
a song of ice and fire — AU ✧
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

╔════════════╗           LADY JEYNE       a song of ice and fire   — AU    ✧⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ *ೃ༄
TO FEED AT the hand of
golden roses, xv.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ *ೃ༄TO FEED AT the hand of golden roses, xv

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ROBB HAD PROMISED to reunite her with his sisters upon the morn. Ignoring her pleas to meet Sansa and Arya, who had been relieved from the feast prior to her entry into the banquet hall due to a squabble that escalated to spoons of thick porridges being flicked across tables, the boy fretted over the periwinkle bruising around Jeyne's nose to Maester Lomys. The wrinkly man, bald albeit a few greying wisps of hair, cleaned up the blood quickly enough with water and a wet rag and suggested milk of the poppy to ease the pain. Jeyne declined politely, harbouring no desire to fall into lulled madness over a wound hardly fatal.

After handing her some ice wrapped into a thin cloth, the old Maester had sent Robb and Jeyne on their merry way. Robb had complained almost the entire trek to the keep of the castle where the Redwyne's were staying, annoyedly muttering his disappointment. "Ice? I could've wrapped up some ice in a dusty cloth and given it to you myself. The man is more torpid than Old Nan, he didn't even give you any real help."

Finding her betrothed's concern for her plight quite sweet, Jeyne only laced her dainty fingers with his rougher ones and stroked her thumb over his skin. That appeared to soothe him for the time being, nevertheless, with the ungodly hour that had fallen upon them in the midst of all the Elwood Meadows and Tyrell– induced chaos, the blue-eyed wolf refused to have her awake any later and left her at the door of her chamber.

The pair had parted awkwardly, a manner they were most indulged in when it came to each other— no matter how much they bridged the gap between when they said their greetings and bid their farewells, even if only short— when Robb had intended to kiss her cheek and rather slipped and almost caught the corner of her lip. He missed thankfully. Accidental was hardly how he wanted Jeyne's first kiss to be, or his first kiss with Jeyne; they barely discussed those matters, as alien as the girl from the arbour appeared to matters of intimacy, past assumptions there was very little he actually knew. That always seemed to be the issue with Robb and Jeyne.