Chapter 19: Ice-Cold Bath for You All

Chen Zhenghao finally felt fear.

He took out his phone and dialed 120, the emergency number in China.

However, the call couldn't get through, and Chen Zhenghao tried for more than two minutes, but it remained busy.

Chen Zhenghao's heart turned cold. In the freezing weather outside, even the hospital was in a state of shutdown. Even if some hospitals were still operating, the snowstorm had paralyzed the city, making it impossible for ambulances to rescue anyone.

A ruthless person, after much hesitation, Chen Zhenghao decided to perform surgery on himself. At the very least, he needed to remove the crossbow bolt.

Struggling to return home, he retrieved a knife, alcohol lamp, gauze, and hemostatic drugs from a drawer. As someone accustomed to brawls, he kept such items at home.

Chen Zhenghao cut open his pants with the knife and, upon seeing the wound, turned pale. The wound on his leg had frozen in the extreme cold.

Although it temporarily stopped the bleeding, the area around the wound had turned purple, and his lower leg had completely lost sensation.

In despair, Chen Zhenghao, a street-smart thug, decided to perform the surgery on himself after contemplating for a while.

Due to the lower leg being frozen, he didn't feel much pain in the cold. Without anesthesia, he successfully completed the operation, although the process nearly made him faint.

However, the leg was now clearly useless.

Lying on the sofa, gasping heavily, Chen Zhenghao's eyes were filled with hatred towards Zhang Yike, the one who shot the arrow.

"Zhang Yike, you little punk, I'll definitely kill you, for sure!"

Chen Zhenghao's eyes were full of murderous intent.

He wasn't joking. He genuinely intended to kill Zhang Yike; otherwise, how could he continue to survive in Tianhai City?

Chen Zhenghao picked up his phone, blacklisted by Zhang Yike. He could only mention him in the homeowners' group.

"Zhang Yike, you son of a b*tch, wait for me. If I don't kill you, my name isn't Chen Zhenghao!"

The homeowners didn't know what had happened, but learning that Zhang Yike had offended Chen Zhenghao made them sweat for him.

Chen Zhenghao was a genuine thug with a ruthless streak.

Some were excited about the situation. For instance, Aunt Lin, who had a hard time against Zhang Yike earlier, gleefully said, "Dogs biting dogs is the best. Hmph, neither of them is a good person!"

"I hope Chen Zhenghao, that thug, beats Zhang Yike to death. This wretched guy dared to insult me!"

Even White Lotus Flower Fang Yuqing saw the message in the group. She sneered, quite hoping that Chen Zhenghao would teach Zhang Yike a lesson. After all, how could he, the goddess, be ignored when asking for food?

However, no one dared to speak up in the group, fearing that they might get involved.

Zhang Yike saw the message and burst into laughter.

As long as he didn't leave the safe house, he wouldn't care even if there were a hundred Chen Zhenghaos!

Zhang Yike sent a voice message.

"What are you? Only good at barking like a dog! Dare to provoke me again, and I'll disable your other leg!"

The homeowners were shocked to hear this message. They couldn't believe that Zhang Yike dared to oppose Chen Zhenghao and apparently injured his leg.

Clutching the phone tightly, Chen Zhenghao was furious, swearing, "Zhang Yike, wait for me. I'll definitely kill you!"

Zhang Yike responded without hesitation, "You dog, if you have the guts, come over! Let's see who dies first!"

In the midst of all this, the apocalypse allowed Zhang Yike to be carefree. He saw through the dynamics of the situation.

Back in his house, he played games and monitored the entire building's movements through split-screen views.

Chen Zhenghao's subordinates soon arrived at Zhang Yike's door, ready to beat him up and hand him over to Chen Zhenghao.

However, Zhang Yike remained calm. He was well-prepared with weapons, waiting for them to come and experience a lesson. He had no mercy for these scoundrels who had lost their humanity.

Before long, over a dozen of Chen Zhenghao's subordinates gathered outside Zhang Yike's door.

Knowing that Zhang Yike possessed a crossbow, they approached with caution. Several of them carried wooden boards as makeshift shields.

When they reached Zhang Yike's door, finding him unharmed, they began shouting and banging on the door.

"Open up!" "You son of a b*tch, daring to shoot our brother! Today, we'll make sure you die!"

Yelling profanities, they used the hammers and iron rods they had brought to violently smash Zhang Yike's door. They planned to break in, give him a good beating, and then let Chen Zhenghao deal with him.

Zhang Yike, annoyed by the noise, left his game and went to the kitchen. He connected a water hose to the tap and climbed to the firing hole.

Outside, the subordinates were still venting their anger. They hadn't noticed Zhang Yike standing above them.

Zhang Yike sneered and turned on the water tap. He aimed the hose directly at them and sprayed them like a torrential rainstorm in the narrow corridor.

The rushing water inundated them instantly, drenching them from head to toe.