Chapter 190: The Power of Traps

Zhang Yi's intuition was exceptionally sharp. Upon hearing that sound, he immediately looked out the window. The outside was pitch-black, making it hard to discern distant surroundings. He silently stood up and said, "I'll go check. You guys go ahead and eat!"
Zhou Kuer and Yang Mi looked at Zhang Yi as he got up, curious, but in the dark night, they couldn't see anything clearly. Zhang Yi slowly ascended to the second floor. Since there were no lights on the second floor, it remained pitch-black from the outside perspective. He stood by the window and took out an infrared telescope to observe the surroundings of the villa. Under the cover of night, a large number of red shadows slowly surrounded the villa.A faint smile appeared on Zhang Yi's lips. "They arrived faster than I imagined!"He had already guessed the identity of these people. In just two days, only the residents of Xujia Town nearby could arrive so quickly. Only these shortsighted people would rush over without investigation."If you like seeking death so much, then come!"A hint of killing intent flashed in Zhang Yi's eyes. Anyone who disturbed his peaceful life had to die! Moreover, with such a large force coming, they were definitely not here to exchange pleasantries but to loot resources."Ordinary people can't threaten the safety of the sanctuary. I'll see if any mutants from their village are here.""If he comes, I'll take this opportunity to eliminate him!"Zhang Yi put away the telescope and silently took out tactical goggles and a sniper rifle from the dimensional space. The gun barrel rested on the window, and the thick nanometer-level bulletproof glass was even thicker than the walls. He was waiting for the right moment to open the window and kill that mutant. As for the other small fries, he would let those people help by testing the effectiveness of the traps he set!...At this moment, the first squad from Xudong Village had already arrived at Yunque Manor, reaching the edge of the trap area set up by Zhang Yi. After arriving, they looked at the brightly lit villa in the distance, feeling as if they were dreaming.In the post-apocalyptic world, they relied on Xu Chunlei's abilities to build an icy village, and their fishing techniques and stored food allowed them to survive to this day. However, they couldn't imagine that someone could still enjoy such a luxurious life!One villager couldn't help but walk forward. However, when his foot stepped down, he suddenly felt a piercing pain!"Ah!"He exclaimed, falling to the ground. Everyone quickly looked, realizing he had stepped on a wooden board covered with sharp steel nails, penetrating seven to eight centimeters through the sole of his foot.The injured villager's face turned pale instantly. In such freezing temperatures, with such a serious injury, there was a high chance his life was in danger."Quick, carry him back!"The leader of this squad immediately ordered someone to take him away. The group angrily cursed Zhang Yi."Vile scum, setting traps in the snow!""Go inform others, be careful on the road, there are nail boards on the ground. Don't get caught again!"The leader of the squad immediately had someone inform everyone. Xu Dongsheng stayed behind to command from the rear. After hearing this news, he immediately gave orders, "Be careful, that man is prepared. But these childish traps can't pose a threat to us!""Let's advance slowly, use sticks and branches to explore the path, and clear out those traps!"Six squads approached from six different directions, intending to attack Zhang Yi's sanctuary in a encircling manner. After Xu Dongsheng's orders were passed on to each squad, they immediately utilized available resources. Some brought wooden sticks, others used shovels, and some even chopped off tree branches at the roadside to clear the traps hidden in the snow.All of this was observed by Zhang Yi."Do you really think you're clever? Huh. It's time to launch the second wave of traps."Zhang Yi's tone was mocking. Did they think he wouldn't anticipate their use of this method to clear traps?The first group acted as sappers, with five or six people using tools to clear the traps ahead. Indeed, they managed to uncover several nail boards from the snow. The group was delighted."This trick works! Keep going, throw all these nail boards to the side!"Encouraged by successfully avoiding the traps, the villagers responsible for clearing traps accelerated their pace. At this moment, one person's stick felt a stagnant resistance, as if it had hit a rope. The buried steel wire was triggered."Boom!"The steel wire pulled the pin from the hand grenade, and a violent explosion occurred! Flames soared into the sky, throwing five or six people nearby out!"Bomb!"The villagers behind them were scared and quickly retreated. However, before they could take two steps back, they felt intense pain in their chests and faces.Peeling away their clothes, they discovered that their chests were covered in blood. Although they avoided the explosion, they couldn't escape the attack of the shrapnel."Ah!"A chorus of screams echoed. The commotion also disturbed the minds of members from other squads."Boom!"Another person accidentally triggered a grenade trap and was instantly killed or injured along with a dozen others!"There are bombs! Don't proceed any further!"Many people immediately turned and ran back in panic. However, there were still numerous nail boards buried in the snow, not completely cleared.In the chaos, people jostled against each other, causing more injuries than if they had orderly retreated. Many people who shouldn't have been injured were accidentally hurt by their own people.In an instant, more than a dozen people from Xudong Village died on the spot, and more than twenty were injured. They had just taken the first step towards the 101st villa at Yunque Manor.