04.

Chapter Four

"Wait, wait, let me get this straight," Aubrey said, turning to look at Fabiola as she styled her hair at the salon

"Wait, wait, let me get this straight," Aubrey said, turning to look at Fabiola as she styled her hair at the salon. "Joshua had feelings for you, and that's why Sefa broke up with you? Bitch, what the fuck did you do?" Aubrey asked pointedly. 

"Nothing!" Fabiola replied. "I treated Joshua just like how I treated the rest of Sefa's family. I have no idea how this happened," Fabiola continued.

Aubrey asked Fabiola, "So, what are you going to do now that you know the real reason Sefa broke up with you? Are you going to take him back? Stay away? What's the plan?" Aubrey shook her head as she spoke.

Fabiola shrugged, uncertain of what to do. She felt relieved that Sefa hadn't actually ended their relationship over a lack of commitment. However, she now questioned whether she could continue seeing Sefa, knowing that Joshua might still have feelings for her - she did not want to come between the two brothers.

Fabiola explained that if she decides to date Sefa again, she will have to deal with Joshua, and believed no one would leave them alone together anytime soon because she suspected his whole family was aware of the situation, or at least his siblings and parents were.

"You should set Joshua up with Kettie since she's your sister and you two share similar personalities," Aubrey smirked. "That way he can get over you, assuming Sefa was telling the truth about his feelings," Aubrey added.

Fabiola tsked at Aubrey's idea, unwilling to put her little sister in harm's way just for the sake of a relationship she was no longer sure she wanted.

"No, I won't drag Kettie into this," Fabiola said. "She doesn't need to get caught in the crossfire just so I can be with Sefa," Fabiola added.

Aubrey shrugged and said, "Well, I'm single and have nothing to lose, so let me handle Joshua for you." Aubrey smirked.

Fabiola gave her a knowing look. "You just want to sleep with him," Fabiola said.

Chuckling, Aubrey replied, "Can you blame me? Have you seen the man?" as she licked her lips.

The salon door opens and Aubrey and Fabiola look over to see who is entering. Aubrey grins as Sefa enters with a large bouquet of red roses.

Aubrey greeted Sefa warmly, noting it had been a while since they'd seen each other. She was pleased to see her friend finally being spoiled by a potential partner after such a long time of singlehood.

As he handed the bouquet to Fabiola, Sefa greeted Aubrey, "What's up, Aubrey." Then he said to Fabiola, "Hey, baby, these are for you," and placed the bouquet on the table.

Fabiola looked Sefa up and down and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Honestly," Sefa answered, "I just wanted to check up on you and see where your head is at after I dropped that bomb on you the other night," Sefa continued.