Chapter 25

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

"Maybe the only other option is for y'all to go to court." Kya shrugged her shoulders.

"That means I'll have Zay full time and with the club and all I don't think I'm rea–"

"Guys!" Trinity barged into Kya's room.

Genie and Kya both turned their head in Trinity's direction.

"I-I just got a call from my sister and I-I think s-she might be in some sort of trouble." part of Trinity's voice broke towards the end of her sentence.

"What? Calm down Trinity" Genie walked over towards her.

"What happened?" Genie furrowed his eyebrows.

"The phone cut off before she could get any words out but she said something about Compton and AJ is hurt pretty bad."

"WHAT!!" Kya yelled. "See I knew he got into some dangerous shit" she shook her head.

"What else did she say?" Genie went on.

"Ummm....something about AJ owing this gang member either 10 or 20k ummm... shit I just got off the phone with her how could I already forget!" Trinity felt her chest tightening.

"It's ok just calm down and try to breathe slow–"

"DONT FUCKING TELL ME TO CALM DOWN"

"Ight Ight damn" Genie shoots his hand up in the air.

"Bro my sister could end up dead soon because of some shit she got involved in with your brother. I warned him Genie! I fucking warned him to leave my sister the fuck alone and look now he got her kidnapped."

Trinity's head felt like it was going to explode. Yes, she was angry, but deep down she was scared of losing the only piece of family she had left.

Even though they argued, she should have been the bigger person and never let her walk out of the apartment in the first place. It didn't matter if she was in the wrong or not, Nae was still a child and needed someone to protect her.

"Genie I knew sumn was up with him from the day mom called me I–"

"Alright, I get it!" Genie raised his voice getting a lil pissed off that everyone was attacking him.

Meanwhile, Trinity was having a slight panic attack and Kya was piecing and adding up details about AJ in her head, Genie was calmly thinking and strategizing a plan in his head as this wasn't his first time dealing with a situation like this.

"So Trinity you said your sister said they were in Compton right?" Genie asked her

"She didn't say specifically that they were there," Trinity told him.

"Compton like a six-hour drive from here" Kya commented.

"What are we going to do?" Trinity asked

"We're not going to do nothing yet," Genie said

"What?!! Genie my sister is in trouble and she might be hurt."

"Trinity I understand that your sister is in danger but we still don't have enough details to make a move yet."

"Yeah, Trin we don't know what kind of ppl were dealing with yet so one wrong move and both my brother and your sister dead." Kya agreed, fake slitting her throat.

"Plus do any of y'all got 20 bands laying around here?" Genie piped in. "We can't just show up there without the money."

"I can pitch in a couple thousand from my savings" Kya spoke.

Trinity's eyes bulged a little at the amount

"Business has been slow lately at the club and money kinda tight right now" Genie grimaced. "AJ picked the worst timing" he shook his head.

"So what are we going to do?" Trinity asked

"We wait it out and look for any more calls from them," Genie said

Trinity was anxious. She didn't like this idea as the more days went by the more her sister could end up possibly dead but it's rather to be wise than act on impulse at this time.

"Sounds good and I'll let Mom know" Kya spoke.

"Let her know about what?" Genie side-eyed her.

"What her son has been getting himself into"

"C'mon Kya there's no need for that and you already know how she is. She probably doesn't give a shit" Genie smacked his lips.

"She loves us despite what you may think" Kya went on.

"Bullshit Kya and you know it. If she did she wouldn't let them beat up her own kid.

Trinity noticed shit was getting personal which is why she cleared her throat. "I'll go back to my show." Trinity left.

"Yeah, Genie you can also get out." Kya pointed at the door.

"You know what I'm saying is true" he went on. " But Ight" he agreed walking out the door.

___________________________