Chapter 1: Heaven

March 15th
11:35 am
Omniscient

Neveah wiped her tears with the back of her hand before she pulled her pen out of her pocket , she then flipped through her diary to an empty page before she started to write.

Dear Troy ,
I miss you, I miss talking to you, I miss holding you, I miss your presence, your laugh, your smile, everything that made you, you. meeting you was the best thing that ever happened to me. You always brung a smile out of me even in our darkest times I really don't know how I'm gonna get through life without you but I'm trying it's hard but I am trying.

"Here , it'll get better"

Neveah jumped after a random voice knocked her out of her thoughts, " I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you" Avery spoke as he backed away from her, but still holding his hand out.

Neveah looked at his hand seeing a box of tissues , she grabbed one before wiping the tears off her face " Thank you" she simply spoke hoping The man would go away, so she could go back to writing.

"I lost my girlfriend six months ago. I was just letting you know it gets better." He spoke .

Neveah chuckled before nodding her head "I lost my boyfriend two years ago but thank you and I know it does get better" She spoke, Avery's eyes widened. "Oh I'm sorry, well damn maybe it doesn't get better" he spoke staring off in space.

"It does. I'm just really emotional right now" neveah spoke as she felt warm tears leaving her eyes once again . She didn't want the man to feel worse about his situation because she could relate to how he was probably feeling , six months after losing her boyfriend she wasn't able to eat and stayed asleep for most of the day .

"Here keep 'em" he spoke placing the tissues beside her before walking off. Neveah watched him walk back over to the tombstone he was at previously and start crying .

She felt terrible .

She wiped her eyes and went back to writing, occasionally she would look over at the man to see if he was still there, and he was, and he was still crying each time she glanced over.

When she finished writing she got up dusting her pants off , it was 1:30 by then , she knew she had to get back to school by 2:00 before her mom was there to pick her up.

"Shit" she mumbled as she got on her phone to check the bus stop app, seeing the next bus didn't come for 45 minutes she knew that wasn't enough time to get school on time.

Neveah sighed before putting her diary and pen in her purse, she then pulled out her water bottle and a Xanax pill she had wrapped in a napkin. After looking around to make sure no one was looking she popped the pill and washed it down with the water, then put her AirPods in and started her walk .

Exiting the cemetery she made her way down the street , not stopping till she reached the red light .

She pressed the walk bottom on the pole and waited as snooze by sza played lowly in her ear .

The light turned green and as she was about to walk she heard loud honking causing her to turn around . Seeing the boy from the cemetery waving out his hand out the window she smiled then started waking to his car .

Neveah wasn't the brightest when it came to decision making , but he had a car and that's what she needed  to get to school on time .

She paused her music as she got into the messy car "sorry for the mess" Avery quickly spoke as he noticed her disgusted facial expression

"Yea you need to clean it" she spoke resting her feet above fast food trash and opened beverage bottles.

"Where was you headed?" He asked as the light turned green he started driving . "Back to school, make a left at the next light" she spoke .

He side-eyed her "uhh how old are you?" He asked looking back at the road , assuming his previous prediction of her age was way off .

"19 .. I'm in continuation school" she added to clear up the confusion.

"Ohhh okay , well that's good you going back for your diploma some people say you don't need it, but it does give you a big push in life" he spoke

"Yea I know , the only reason I stopped going to school was because I was so depressed after my boyfriend died. I'm doing better now so I'm trying to get my life back together" she explained

"That's good, you let yourself grieve now you're getting back to it . Ain't no shame in that" he spoke and she nodded making a right signal with her hands to let him know where to go next .

"How old are you?" She asked . "24"

"Oh" she spoke surprised , as he pulled up into the school parking lot it was 1:52 .

Before getting out the car she scanned the parking lot making sure her mom car wasn't out there . "Thank you so much" she spoke hopping out before he could say anything she shut his car door .

Neveah sneakly walked back into school from the cafeteria, she then hid in the cafeteria bathroom till the bell rung a few minutes later .

A/N: heyy y'all 💕 it gets better just stay tuned .

Any thoughts on Neveah yet?