Episode 31

[🇫 🇱 🇦 🇸 🇭 🇧 🇦 🇨 🇰]

----------۝----------
JAEJUN'S POV
----------۝----------

My hands quivered as I held onto that last piece of paper that still held her scent.

Her faint sweet scent.

Y/n.....

"Officer jaejun!"

Standing on my feet, I abruptly raised my hand in a respectful salute.

"Sir."

"You're going to be guarding the southern river tonight. Get in position right away."

"Yes sir!", he only nodded before retreating from the camp making me sigh as I folded back the picture before putting it inside my millitary pants pocket.

......

The river was infamous for having mysterious monstrous creatures, that would engulf you inside the never ending inky water if you tried getting any closer than needed. Something that the officers around me religiously believed.

But no one warned about the frigidity which was a worse disadvantage in my eyes.

I was the only officer on a stall, and I knew I was being purposefully picked on because no one else would agree to get any closer to the ominous place.

They knew I'd be far most willing to take all sort of risks.

Among the officers, I was known for being distant, craving death and self talking like a maniac. Not a good reputation to flaunt about I'd say.

Not like I cared.

Life was burdening me. Every breath was more excruciating than the previous one.

I know it is impossible to ever find her again. I know that she can never be mine.

I'm powerless, helpless when it comes to her.

So there's no other reason to live anymore.....

Hearing the distant chirping of crickets in the night silence, I stayed attentive towards the dark river.

But not long after a sudden loud thud from not too far had me snap my head towards the source of the sound.

I didn't waste a moment before rushing towards the bushes, before pushing them aside and coming in face with a young pale lady, looking at me in complete shock, laying on the ground on her back.

"Don't dare step near me!", she warned, abruptly getting on her feet before taking a step back towards the bridge.

"Are you trying to take your life woman? Not in my duty hours though.", I warned, stepping towards her watching as she stepped back farther away.

One more step and she'll definitely land into the river.

"Look I'm in mood in dealing with a crazy lady this late at night. Don't make it difficult for us both!"