Chapter 5: I Have Magic Hair That Glows When I Sing!

As we were walking through the tunnel, the silence became unbearable. Though, of course, I wasn't going to say anything.

"Was you throwing that guy really necessary?" Rapunzel asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Uhm- he literally tried to charge at me." I replied, sounding slightly annoyed. "Was you making me sing really necessary?"

"Well- I- uhm-" Rapunzel paused, looking thoughtful. "Ok, touché. You got me. It..really wasn't necessary."

"Exactly. Now-"

"They must've went this way!" We heard some guards yell from behind us.

"Dang! Come on Rapunzel, we've got to go!" I took Rapunzel's hand, beginning to pull her along in the tunnel.

We soon came out of the tunnel to an opening in a dam. It was a dead end for us, and the guards were closing in. At this rate, my dad was definitely gonna send me to a convent...Suddenly, Rapunzel spoke.

"Cass, do you trust me?"

"What?" The question had caught me off guard.

"Do you trust me?" She asked again.

I hesitated. But in all honesty, I had no choice. I nodded, and she told me to hang on to her waist. I did as told, and she wrapped some of her hair around a pole. Soon, we were swinging in the air.

We landed on the ground, just as the damage broke. Now, we were running from water.

The water brought some large rocks toward us, and they trapped us in a cave, the water filling it rapidly. We tried to move away some rocks, but the rising water was making that a hard chore.

"This is just great!" Just as I exclaimed that, I went back under the water to try to clear away the rocks. With no luck, I tried to come back up, but my ankle was caught. I struggled to get it free, and as I did, the rock cut into my ankle.

That's when Rapunzel noticed I was still under water, and she swam down and brought me back up.

"Ah, thanks.." I breathed.

"Don't mention it. Never thought it'd end like this..." Rapunzel said.

"What? No, we're not gonna die."

"It's clear we are."

"No-"

"Wait...I...I can help us...maybe."

"What..? How in the world could you do that?"

"I have...magic hair...that glows when i sing..." She muttered inaudibly.

"What did you say..?"

This time, her tone was more confident. "I have magic hair that glows when I sing!"

If it wasn't for the situation we were in, I would have laughed. "Are you kidding right-"

"N-no, watch!" Rapunzel said.

"Flower, gleam and glow...Let your power shine...Make the clock-"
Rapunzel started singing, but got cut off by the water rising over our heads. Sure enough, just as she said, her hair did glow! I could see now, and I dove down, moving some rocks, which made the wall collapse, and freed us, as well as let the water out.

Well, that was something.

"Are you ok, Raps?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm alright. Are you?"

Despite the burning pain in my ankle, I nodded. "Y-yeah, I'm fine..."

Rapunzel didn't look convinced. Her eyes were filled with worry. "A-are you...sure?"

I nodded. "Yeah.. Come on, we gotta find a place to camp for the night."

Rapunzel nodded, and followed me into the forest.

We walked in silence for a while, before coming across an opening. I looked around thoroughly, and nothing was here, so I said, "This looks like a good place."

"Oh, alright."

I sat down on a log, and started building a fire with some wood. Not long after, Raps sat next to me.

I decided to examine my ankle. It still hurt, but, not as much. While I did so, Rapunzel looked over.

"Ooo...that looks bad. Let me help. I can-"

I cut her off. "No, no, it's alright."

"No, it's not. Look, my hair can do more, just let me help, and you'll see." Rapunzel said, her eyes pleading.

"Ugh...alright." I turned and and set my ankle on the log. She wrapped her leg around it, and started singing the same song she sung in the cave.

"Flower, Gleam and glow."
"Let your flower shine,"
"Make the clock reverse,"
"Bring back what once was mine..."

Her hair started to glow again, and I wondered what it was going to do.

"What once was mine..."

As she finished singing, I unwrapped my ankle, and saw that the cut was...

Gone.
____________________________________________________________________

AN: Hey guys! I deeply apologize for not uploading, I had got in trouble at home and got my devices taken. Again, I'm really sorry. Enjoy this (still unbelievably short) chapter!