Why me?

You had been questioned about where you were when your boyfriend was murdered luckily your roommate covered for you, saying you had been in your room sleeping all evening.

The next few days had been a blur people on campus were constantly whispering about the murder people had gone home worried this was the start of s serial killings classes were cancelled- or at least most of them. Out of everything what hurt worse was the fact that you knew you didn't love him and he died being in a relationship with someone who wasn't even committed.

You rise out of bed and find your roommate on the couch with a few boxes.

"What's going on?" This was giving serious deja vu to a few days before.

"My parents are making me go home they said it's too dangerous here." She groans while covering her face with her hands.

"Like forever you're leaving for good?" You squeak, sure you hadn't been close with her but you were comfortable for the most part. Getting a new roommate would make the whole bonding process restart.

"At least until that asylum has all their patients in order and the guy who murdered your... Boyfriend is caught." She says as she uncovers her face.

"When are you leaving?" You question as you naw on your lip nervously.

"Tomorrow night I guess I don't know." She shrugs before looking away as if thinking about something. "Hey Y/n...do you think you'll go home too? I just want to know because you've kinda became my best friend here and if and when I do come back I wanna bunk with you again..." She smiles nervously as she plays with her fingers.

"My parents wouldn't give a shit if the apocalypse started, so don't worry I'll be here if you come back within the next two years." You smile hoping maybe you'll help relive some of her worries but all it manages to do is bring a faked smile to her face.

"Anyway you have a morning class right now, don't you?" She asks as you quickly check the time and realize your already five minutes late for your lecture on eating disorders.

"Yeah- sorry I gotta get going like right now let's get dinner tonight before you leave." You quckly grab your keys and rush out not noticing the faint blush that appeared on her face.

-time skip-

The proffeser didn't care that you were late and you ended up getting there in five minutes since the building was really close to the dorms- so you were only ten minutes late but you had still missed a lot. After you went to a dinner that's just off campus with one of your friends that owns a car- yes you have a car but it's at your parents place right now so instead you normally use the private chauffeur they got for you.

You take another bite of your pancake as the syrup dribbles down the side of your month. You quickly wipe it up and look up at your friend who was staring at you.

"Hm?" You question taking another bite of the delicious pancake.

"Nothing it's just... You seem to be taking the death of your boyfriend amazingly." Your friend- Taylor had said with the tilt of their head.

"Taylor-"  You take another bite of pancake. "Are you accusing me of killing him? I've already been proven innocent." You wipe your mouth the napkin and place your fork on the plate leaning back in your chair.

"You seem to be thinking of the idea pretty easily, I didn't even say anything."  She says making you ball your fists.

"I'll be leaving." You place one ten and two fives on the table and brush your hair back behind your ear as she stares at you. "I don't want to deal with your bull crap right now." You grumble sliding out of the booth.

God for fucks sake, you knew people had been whispering but the fact that someone like Taylor one of your best friends would take side with the rumors made your blood boil. What the hell did you do? Nothing so why the fuck are they blaming you.

You slam the door open and walk down the sidewalk to the park sitting down in the center of a pine tree where nobody could see you. Bringing your knees to your face you cradle yourself as the pine needles prick and your skin.

You quickly wipe away a tear and pull out your phone texting your chauffeurs number to get him to come and pick you up at the park just outside of campus. He had questions like "how'd you get there" and "is everything ok?" But you didn't answer not really knowing the answer your self.

You felt like an immature child, but really you had been trying your hardest- your in the middle of college you can't- you won't let every thing get ruined by a little stress.

"You come here often?" You here a male voice say calmly from the other side of the tree trunk. For some reason you can't help but laugh lightly resting your head against tree as you close your eyes and another tear falls from your eye.

"No it's my first time, you?" You don't know why but you don't look at who you're talking too it just felt good to talk neither of you knowing who the other is.

"Mmm no I used to come here a lot when I was younger y'know, but I was away for a while I'm happy to be back and now with the one I love." You hear the voice chuckle as the crack of the pine needle and groans of the bark signals he also sat down and was now against the tree.

"I'm happy your life is going well for you then." You hummed faking some dumb smile even though he couldn't see you.

"Cmon your life really can't be that bad." He inquires, you could hear curiosity dripping in his every word.

"You hear of that murder in the college nearby? That was my boyfriend... And I don't even want to be here really- my parents are making me."  You sigh and drop your knees so your legs and laid out the pine needles sticking to your thighs.

"I can understand why someone wouldn't want to study psychology-" His voice kept going but your mind stopped, did he say psychology? You hadn't even told him that you were also studying in college let alone what your major was.

"I need to go my chauffeur is here, thanks for the conversation." You say quickly as you stand up brushing the pine needles off your legs. You quickly exit the cover of the tree glancing back only once and all you saw was a head covered in indigo colored hair watching as you left.

When you actually got to the sidewalk next to the road you chauffeur was pulling up the driver already stepping out to open the door for you.

"Everything alright Madam?" He asks as you slide into the seats in the back.

"No let's just get out of here. Quickly please."

-Back on campus-

When you got to campus it was almost time for your next class- you sat through it as the professor talked about schizophrenia and how it can play a role in insomnia or the other way around.

You unlock the door to your dorm and faltar when you find all your dorm mates stuff gone. She said she wasn't leaving today? You look around and find the lock on her room broken and the bottom of her door had a small dent like someone kicked it.

What the fuck happened?