37 ~ Vivaan opens up to her

VIVAAN

"When I was a child, they left me alone like an orphan", She stared into my welled up eyes. Well, I can control my tears infront of anyone else, but here, my love was sitting infront of me and showing my weak side infront of her was my strength not my weakness.

She held my hands and shifted a little away from me. She rested her body against the headboard and placed my head on her lap.

She ran her fingers through my hair and I felt relaxed. This is the one thing that relaxes me the most, nevertheless whatever the situation is. I remember our first night together, it was her warmth and her, running her fingers into my hair that had helped me to sleep the most peaceful sleep of my life.

She held my hand with her another hand. I was looking into her eyes and she looked into mine, waiting for my words to utter out of my mouth.

I spoke,

"When I was just three years old Aisha, my parents left me alone with my grandmother. I used to cry. I used to ask for my mother. I used to cry in my sleep and call her. Nani maa said that dad needs to setup his business and that they will come to take me back along with them soon".

Tears were falling from my eyes remembering those bitter scenes from my past and she was wiping my tears constantly. It was giving me a strange sense of warmth that at least I had someone in my life who will always be there to wipe my tears down and take me in her arms whenever I'll need strength.

"Mom would say on call that dad was working hard to build a good house for me. But tell me Aisha, which child would prefer a good house instead of his parents at such an age?", I asked, my tongue tasting bitter because of the words that I was speaking.

She shook her head slowly. The fact that she chose to stay silent, had me speak,

"Time passed, two years after, mom and dad visited again. I was so happy that they had finally returned to take me along with them. But I came to know that they had come only to admit me into a school. My heart broke. I stopped sharing my feelings with anyone. I used to cry silently at the age of 5."

I still remember those days, not completely because I was just a child, which child would remember the entirety of it. But I can bet I remember a little more from rest of the child, because of the bitterness of the memories.

"Please don't cry Vivaan," she muttered and wiped my tears off with her thumbs.

I continued, wanting to lay down my heart infront of her, "I got admitted to the school. It ached when I saw every child with his/her mother and father on every PTM. My nani maa used to come with me. You know, everyone used to ask me that where were my parents and I had no answer."

Are you parents alive?

Why don't they visit on PTM's?

You're so lucky your parents aren't here to visit your PTM and scold you on the result days!

I chuckled on the memories, words spoke by my classmates and school friends. Only if they knew what it felt like actually.

"Slowly,  I got habituated of my daily life. I knew that my life was going to be like this. I got attached to my nani maa just like I should've felt attached with my mother. She used to love me a lot and I loved her too. She took care of me like my mother."

Aisha smiled. Her smile heals the deepest parts of me.

"Aisha."

She nodded her head. I kissed on the back of her palm and spoke,