A Saved Boy

Episode Three: Dead Men's Secrets

Your favorite author reminding you to look at the bottom of the chapter for a very important question

Your favorite author reminding you to look at the bottom of the chapter for a very important question.  Thx!

"Belle! I have had a breakthrough! We could save Charlie with-"

"Carbolic acid?" The brunette turned to her sister with a flask in her hands.

Elizabeth smiled. "You knew?"

Belle laughed. "I'm not an idiot! That cloth reeked of it! Also, Lister proved it, so I figured we were going to have to prove it to your stubborn little crush." She had a knowing smirk as she looked at her younger sister. "And yes, before you say anything I have admitted to myself that I have taken a liking to Edward."

The younger of the two laughed in victory. "Ha! Fanny owes me 2 pounds!"

The eldest only smiled to herself. "Okayyyy! Back to the acid. I found a good formula, I just have to test it."

The strawberry blonde took the flask out of her sister's hand and pulled her dress up, putting her foot on a nearby chair. She looked at her sister. "You're sure?"

"No."

"Good enough." She shrugged and poured some just above her knee.

Yeah, it didn't work.

She screamed in pain. "Belle, what the hell?"

"I warned you!" The girl argued. "Water. We need water."

She led a limping Elizabeth outside to the water bowl and poured it on her leg, a sizzling sound emitting from it. The latter sighed in relief.

Fanny yelled in disgust. "Why can't I have normal sisters?"

Belle shot her a glare and was about to head back inside before a hand stopped her.

"Get the perfume." Elizabeth demanded. Belle didn't need to be told twice, as her sister's voice told her she had had another breakthrough.

"Why-"

"Just do it!" She snapped.

Belle swiftly nodded and took the perfume before helping Elizabeth into the estate.