2. The Harvest Moon Ball

Evangeline was living a fulfilling life. She was challenged academically. She had her own hobbies and would practice music, but now she has become more social. After her first interaction with the Vermillion family, Fuegoleon and Evangeline's friendship was the Clover Kingdom's talk. Not just because Fuegoleon was royalty but because of Evangeline's well-mannered behavior and beauty. Their friendship became the talk of a future marriage, and their mana became the talk of future leadership.

Atticus was also proud that his daughter was able to make a friend. He wanted his daughter to be social, and he was proud that a well-respected family saw the spark in his daughter. He was so proud he would talk about his daughter's friendship with the Vermillion boy amongst his magic knight squad.

Acier Silva, Silver Eagles Magic Knight Captian, spoke with the grey deer's squad captain.

"Who is Evangeline I keep hearing so much about?"

~~~

The Vermillion's spoke to the Silva family about Evangeline. Acier wasn't fully convinced, mostly because she'd never met Evangeline or the head of house Montgomery. Atticus Montgomery was a fine Magic Knight and was quite powerful, so she understood the appeal.

The nobles would host an annual harvest moon ball to celebrate that season's harvest. This was where Acier would finally meet the most famous family in the noble realm.

Matilda was pacing as she finished getting ready.

"Mom, what are you so worried about?" Atticus spoke.
"Oh, I don't know. I just feel like everyone will be looking at us. I mean, so many people keep asking about Evangeline. Maybe we shouldn't go. We'll just say I felt ill and need to stay home."

"Mother the Capital loves Evangeline, and I couldn't be more proud of her. If she messes up and says the wrong thing, it's ok. She is a child. We mustn't put all this pressure on a child."

"Son, I understand, but." Matilda was interrupted.

"She is making us look good and can equally make us look bad. The Vermillion's are considering a marriage proposal as they age." Braxton spoke.
"I think the Vermillion's are a fine group of people," Matilda says.

"I agree, but my daughter will decide when she is ready to marry. I've already told you. She will marry who she wants when. I will not plan out my daughter's future like this."

"Yea, Yea. You must also remember this is a chance for you to look for a wife; we need to secure our legacy." Braxton spoke coldly.

"Yes, Father." Atticus sighed and walked away.

While this conversation was happening downstairs, Evangeline was upstairs trying different dresses. She was only eight and felt the world on her shoulder already. She knew how important this event was to her family. The only thing keeping her calm was the thought that Fuegoleon would be there. She wouldn't feel so alone as multiple adults ask about her mana or talk about her mother. She took a deep breath as the nurse dressed and did her hair.

She wore a . It was floor length and embroidery. Her hair was partly braided to showcase her face. She anxiously paced in her room after this. A slight knock distracted her.

"Hello, Angel."

"Oh, Hello, Father."

"Are you alright," Atticus asked.

"Yes, I'm just nervous, I suppose." She played with her hands.

"There is nothing to be nervous about. You forget anything that your grandfather or grandmother has told you. You just be yourself, ok? I'll always be proud of you, no matter what. I just want you to be happy."