Chapter 10 - Last Friend

Awaking from his dark, shadow clouded unconsciousness, Riley looked up into more darkness. It wasn't his room like hoped, these last few twisted hours not being a dream liked he hoped. Well more of nightmare.  

He didn't feel any urge to get back up. There was no point. He'd lost everything. His home, his drive, and most of all, his friends. He wanted to lay on the ground until time ate his body away completely. By himself, there was nothing he could do to save his home, so there was no point in trying.

"Get up, we're going to find a way outta here." Came a familiar voice from inside his head.

"So now you show yourself, ######." Riley replied aggressively. 

"I admit I was unable to assist, but I was dealing with my own problems. Some force from the multiverse was impacting me, preventing me from talking to you. But as I broke through it, I watched as you and your friends were separated."

"Former friends now."

"I know you think they hate you, but I know some of them still believe you, and you have a chance to redeem yourself. They're all separated, no idea where they are, well I assume, and easy targets."

"Even then, they'll never forgive me for murdering them. That's not something you can come back from. Even if they forgive me, there's no chance our friendship can be fixed."

###### stood and grabbed Riley by the collar, lifting him up. With as might as he could channel, he slapped Riley, knocking him back to the ground.

"Stop talking like that. You guys aren't friends. You're family. And even though friends come and go, family is forever. They may have started as your friends, but over these years on the island, your bonds have made you more family. I know they still believe in you. I still believe. And I'm not saying this so I can get a physical form, I'm saying this because I genuinely care. So you can either stay here on your and sulk for all eternity, or you can pick yourself up and fix this mess. Either way, I'll be your friend, but I'd rather see you save your friends."

###### was right. There was still a chance to fix everything. Even if it was very slim, as long there was a chance, he'd take. Picking himself back onto his feet, he looked back at ######.

"Let's do this, but first we need to figure out where we are, and how we get out of here."

Looking around, the world was familiar for some reason. Not because it looked like his home, in fact it wasn't anywhere on the island. It was somewhere he had visited only once. When he found ######. 

He was in the void.

Correction, another world's void.

He began to walk along the only path in the entirety of the void, knowing it to lead a run down Legends Hall. It was eerily similar to the one he listed, almost an exact replicate. And like the other one, at the end of the Legends Hall, stood a figure he presumed to be this world's ######.

"What do we do, talk to him?"

"We've got no other option, he'll probably know this place off by heart."

Riley began to approach the other ######, but there was a feeling he was being watched. But it wasn't from his or the other ######, as the duplicate was facing the opposite direction, and his was looking at him. In an instant, he heard movement come from behind, and then a commanding voice, saying "Who are you and what are you doing here."

He turned and came face to face with a rainbow glowing energy charge, being fired up, ready to strike at the command. The wielder looked like parts of his bodies was mid fading away, like shattering, but not actually, just being stuck like that. He was dressed similar to him, a jumper, long pant, red t-shirt underneath, and brown hair. A scar ran across his chest, but instead of it being any shade of red, it was changing into different colours of the rainbows every once in a while. Half his face was slightly faded away, with the only eye remaining being pitch black, with a pupil that transitioned into different colours of the rainbow every couple of seconds. Despite this look, he looked almost familiar.