📸 Helena (9)

"Do it then," I tell him.
     He blinks a few times, before asking, "what'd you just say?"
      "I said to do it. I'm not gonna stop you."
     As if almost in an instant, he grabs each side of my face and crashes his lips into mine. I close my eyes, wrapping my arms around his torso, and don't hesitate to kiss him back. After not nearly long enough, we pull away.
     He's the one speaks up first. "You know...that was better than I could've ever imagined. I think we can do better, though. You want to test that theory with me?"
     I reply, smirking, "You can test any theories like that with me any day." It isn't long before he kisses me again.
     After some time of sitting and looking at the beautiful sky above, I ask the question that most definitely needs answered. "So what now?"
      "What do you want?"
      "You." My smile hasn't died down yet.
     "Then you have me."

✝️

I'm taking the team's first "professional" photos. All of them are in uniform and pulling many different poses. I get to Darren. He has read my mind with the way He holds his stick behind his head, both hands on either side.
     His grin gets larger the second I get in front of him. I decide to tease him a bit. "Yesss! Work it, Queen!" He rolls his eyes and scowls.
     I hear a couple of the other guys sniggering in the distance. "Fine then, no picture for you, Dar. Not with that attitude," I remark. "Fine, fine," he replies, then poses again, this time a smolder on his face. "There ya go. Keep that up."
     After a few more photos for good measure, we're finally done. I carefully put my camera equipment away, treating it like my very own child. It pretty much is.
     I feel an arm drape over my shoulder, and the scent of his cologne envelopes my nose. I smile and look up at him. "Hey, Dar." "Hey. Do you have any idea what time it is?"
     "Aw shoot! Bible Study. Can't believe I almost forgot"
     "Yup come on. Don't wanna be late. You're the leader after all."

                               ✝️

     I open my Bible to the book of Matthew. This book and specific chapter have been in my heart and mind for some time now. I clear my throat and begin. "The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side....."
     It's not long before I finish the chapter. I smile and nod. "Yes, Becca, very good point. To summarize today's study. Matthew 13 essentially says to keep your heart, mind, ears, all of you clean for God. Be obedient and faithful.
     He will bless you. I will admit, that I myself have 'ears of wax' at times. I know I'm not the only one." Everyone rings out a chorus of "oh yes"'s and "absolutely"'s.
     A sense of warmth covers my hand under the table. Ever since that kiss we shared a few weeks ago, he's been extra...clingy? Touchy?
     Whatever you wanna call it. I don't mind it, though. I look at him and he has the goofiest grin on his face I've seen in a long time. I nudge him and he composes himself.
     I decide it's time to close out today's meeting. "This has been a very good study you guys. I'll see you same time next week!" And with that, everyone gathers their things and leave. Everyone except me and and Darren.
     He has a thoughtful look to his eyes. Then he speaks up. "So. I know that I've met and been around your parents...well, your mom mostly. That's besides the point. How about if you met mine?"
     My eyes widen at this. I reply, "Don't you think it's a bit early for that? We haven't been together but a couple of weeks."

     "But did that really matter? We didn't need a lot of time to get to where we are. Heck, look at how I'm holding your hand." I look down at our laced fingers. He's right.
    "But what if we're going a bit too quick with all this?"
     "You say that like it's a bad thing." I roll my eyes at him.
     "Maybe I'm just nervous. I know what you've said before, about their opinion on God."
     "Right, that. I'll be honest with you. They have no idea about my faith. Maybe you're the boost I needed to open up to them."
    Wow, okay. "You really think so?"
     "Yeah, I do. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. So anyways, how does next Sunday sound?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Heyyyy! It's been FOREVER since I've updated this book. So much has been going on. (Also, SO. MUCH. WRITER'S BLOCK.) ✌🏻