14

Deena's P.O.V.

The following days were extremely busy. Even with the special project given to us, I was still involved in my team's everyday tasks and was making sure if they needed any guidance, I was just here.

I could see Kristine and Travis becoming closer and closer. 

He's joining lunch every day in the pantry and would always sit with Tine.

I know I said I would be okay if they eventually be together, but it still pains me.

Tine having a boyfriend, just means that she would really never be into me. It's not like I was hoping for it but if there is even just a sliver chance that she might, I want to hold on to that.

"Hey! I was knocking but you weren't answering. Everything okay?" Thea walked toward me.

"Ohh, sorry. I was umm... uhh, you need something?" I put down my pen and looked at Thea who was now seated on the chair in front of my table.

"Yes. Tine was supposed to give you these documents and get your insights but she forgot, so..."

"Where is she?" I asked wondering.

"She's with Travis, early lunch out."

"Ohh." My face fell and looked down.

"I'm sorry, Dee."

"For what?" I looked up to meet Thea's empathetic eyes. 

"I could've sworn, Dee, that Tine has feelings for you. I could see her being jealous of Ms. Hughes and would constantly look for you whenever you're not around, I swear..."

"Thea..." I cut her off.

"She doesn't, okay? And I was fine with it for a long time. It's just that..." I sighed deeply. "I don't know, Thea. Seeing her now with Travis, I just, I feel like..."

Thea held my hand that was on the table.

"You don't have to explain, Dee. I know what you must be feeling. But... Are they dating now?"

"I guess not yet, but that's where it's going to, anyway. I mean, you see how Travis looks at Tine, how tentative he is whenever she's around and Tine, well, she'll eventually fall for him, I'm sure." I found myself confiding with Thea even though I know how close she is with Tine.

"How can you be so sure?" She asked.

"I mean, her college boyfriends are very different from Travis. She would date them immediately, but with this guy, it's like she's taking her time, getting to know him. I don't know, I may be assuming things here but that's what I feel. I know her and I can see that she likes him too. Who wouldn't like the guy, Thea? He's like Mr. Congeniality, and very handsome and rich."

We fell silent for a few minutes. 

I leaned my back on my swivel chair, both my hands behind my head, and shut my eyes.

"Well, maybe this is the universe telling you to really move on from her. Start dating, Dee. I know, it's not gonna be easy, considering you'll see her every day here and the fact that you're best of friends. But girl, you're so gorgeous and successful, you can get any girl you'd want. Hit the clubs, let your other friends set you up with people, have one night stand and maybe less hanging out with Tine, just a little bit, you know, change your routine."

I stared at Thea as she delivered her speech and I found her actually making sense.

Maybe it's time. Maybe.

"I didn't know you could actually be in a serious conversation, Thea." I joked and it earned me a flying pen.

"Bitch!" She said as she stood up.