Chapter 2

Onyx's POV
My locker is right next to Buckley's so I always see him there.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just tired."

"Are you free this weekend?"

"Yeah. I'm always free on the weekends. I don't really have friends so I never have anything to do."

"Wanna do something? You can pick."

My eyes widened.

"Y-you wanna hangout with me without Ava and Brad?"

"Yeah. I've been meaning to ask but I've just always forgotten for some reason."

I smiled.

"Yeah. I'd like that."

"Do you have any idea what you'd wanna do?"

"I asked Ava if she wanted to go to the mall with me. She's going out to dinner with Brad for their anniversary so she can't."

"Okay. That works. What day works for you?"

"Probably Saturday."

"What time?"

"Maybe 2 ish?"

"Okay."

"You're not gonna stand me up right?"

"Hell no. I'm not my brother. I don't do that shit."

I asked my parents if I could head to the bookstore after school. They said I could so I walked home and grabbed my mini backpack.

"Where're you going?"

"I'm gonna head to the bookstore. There's a book I'm reading that's part of a series. I wanna go see if they have it."

"You should stop reading all the time."

"But...I like doing it."

"And? You should try something different for once."

"For the moment...I'm good."

We are not the same....

"I don't feel like doing my math homework. Can you do it? I'll do your chores for the rest of the month if you do."

"S-sure."

It's no secret that I'm the smarter twin. I'm focused on school and I pay attention. She always pretends to pay attention. I do most of her homework and assignments for her.

Doing her math homework meant, I couldn't go to the bookstore.

There goes that...

Once again...

I can't do anything for myself...

I went to my room and changed into something more comfortable. Ava walked into my room and put her things on my desk.

"You know the drill. Don't tell mom and dad."

"I-I know. I won't."

She walked out of my room and closed my bedroom door. I set everything up then started doing her homework. I always have to wait until our parents go to sleep so I can sneak everything into her bag.

I went to my bathroom and took a quick shower. I got ready for bed then laid down. I immediately fell asleep.

As always...

I have to wake Ava up in the morning or else we'll both be late. She lied when she said she'd do my chores for the rest of the month.

I always fall for it...

I sighed then got ready. I waited for her to finish getting ready then we started walking to school.

She was on the phone with Bradley. I walked with my head down. We got to school and went in opposite directions.

I went to my locker and opened it.

"Are you okay? Don't lie."

I looked next to me and saw Buckley.