Chapter 15

Buckley's POV
Kaitlyn ran right up to me.

"Buck! I-I'm so fucking sorry!"

She started panicking so I just grabbed her and pulled her into a hug.

A doctor walked in so she could check on me. A nurse was with her. The nurse gave me pain meds.

"I want to keep him here for a few days. I want to keep an eye on you. When you get home, stay away from sports until further notice. You need to rest. Don't worry about school. You need to focus on recovering."

I got home and wanted to shower. I struggled to do that on my own. When I was done with my shower, I slowly got out. I carefully got dressed then grabbed my crutches.

I got out of the bathroom and made my way to my bed. I saw that Onyx was getting my bed ready for me.

I got to my bed then slowly and carefully laid down.

"How was your shower?"

"Painful and difficult."

She bent down and carefully picked my foot up.

"Alright. Ready?"

"Not really."

She picked my foot up and put it on the stack of pillows.

"Goddamn! That fucking sucked!"

"I-I'm so sorry! I-I didn't mean to hurt you!"

"It's not your fault. You didn't do anything."

She helped me get comfortable and she gave me pain meds.

"You okay?"

"I guess."

She kissed me then picked up her things.

"Goodnight baby. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you."

She went to walk away but I grabbed her hand.

"C-can you stay? Please? Sleeping's been fucked up for me. I just didn't tell you because I didn't want to wake you up."

"I'll see. Let me call my mom."

She walked away then came back a few minutes later.

"I can stay but only for tonight."

"Only tonight?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I tried to get them to let me stay tomorrow night but they won't let me. Maybe...I can figure something out. No promises."

"You can grab some of my clothes to sleep in if you want."

That night, she walked out of my bathroom wearing one of my shirts and a pair of pants that don't fit me anymore.

"Cute."

She opened her mini backpack and pulled out a mini hairbrush. She started brushing her hair. She laid down next to me and I closed my eyes.

It's okay.

I'm safe.

It's okay.

I'm safe.

I'm safe.

I fell asleep and didn't have any nightmares or flashbacks.