05- Kiss You In A Crowded Room

"Ok how about this?" Morgan held up a little black dress against herself to the mirror, then turned around to her roommate.

"Morgan," Bella groaned with her head in her hands, "I've liked the past million options you've showed me. That dress is beautiful, you'll look good in anything- just stop stressing!" She got up from the bed- well, if you could call it that, it was more of a pile of clothes at this point- and took the dress from Morgan's hands. "Trust me, I know you're nervous for Olivia's, but it will be fun! Conan will be there, I will be there. And I will leave whenever you want to, just say the word."

"Ok," Morgan took a deep breath. "Honestly you're right, it'll be fine. You might have to convince me to do some shots though. Wait," Morgan's body visibly relaxed, no longer as stressed about the party, "Did I show you all the TikToks Conan's been sending me? He's practically replacing you," Morgan smiled.

"Oh hush your mouth," Bella rolled her eyes. "Ok goodnight. Don't rethink your outfit for tomorrow, the dress is perfect," Bella sing-songed as she left her roommates bedroom.

"Sweet dreams!" Bella heard Morgan call out as she got to her own room. She talked a big talk for someone who was practically dying over how nervous she was for Olivia's. It wasn't like how she felt before the last party- no she wasn't freaking out about how many famous people there would be, or if Olivia would hate her and take away her photography gig- she was nervous about saying something stupid in front of Gracie. It was the kind of crush where she knew the more time she spent around her, the bigger the crush would grow. It just happened sometimes. Like when you meet a cute girl at the bar, and you finally get the courage to talk to her and she's just so nice, and you know there's no way for you not to like her.

She took off her days makeup, brushed her teeth, did her skincare, and got into bed. She had already picked her outfit for tomorrow night as of three days ago, obvi. She turned out her light and hoped tomorrow's events would go smoothly.

                                            —

Bella started off her Saturday in her least favorite way- working. She had an early shift, she hated early shifts. But somehow the monotony of it all was kind of soothing.

An hour into her shift, with the smell of coffee and pastries filling the air, Bella bustled behind the counter, taking orders and serving customers with a bright (slightly fake) smile. Lost in her routine, she almost didn't notice when the door chimed open, announcing a new arrival.

Looking up, Bella's heart skipped a beat as she caught sight of Gracie entering the cafe, her eyes scanning the menu board with interest. Of course, Bella couldn't believe her luck. Here was Gracie, standing right in front of her, and she had no idea Bella worked there. Bella self consciously looked down at her little uniform, the cheesy apron hanging from her waist.

"Hey Gracie, welcome in!" Bella chirped, trying to keep her composure as she approached the counter.

Gracie looked up, her eyes widening in surprise at the sight of Bella behind the counter. "Oh, hey! I didn't know you worked here."

"Yep, it's my little corner of the world," Who the fuck says that. "What can I get for you today?"

As Gracie placed her order, Bella couldn't help but steal glances whenever she thought Gracie wasn't looking. This is good, she thought, it's like exposure therapy. With a final smile and a heartfelt thank you, Gracie collected her drink and made her way to a table, leaving Bella to get back to work.