Ch. 18

"That's what I told him, he keeps throwing himself on you? He should know his place!"
Sara said, making Shubman fume in anger.

"That's enough Sara!" He got up from his chair.

Sara furrowed her eyebrows.
"Shubman you are forgetting something"

"Oh well I am! That doesn't allow you to badmouth about someone who absolutely doesn't have anything to do with this! And listen, if you think you can manipulate me with this, then remember your brother is also very much involved in here" Shubman said.

"Shubman! Listen I like you... And that's why-"

"Enough for me. I am married and you can leave." Shubman exited the room leaving the angry sara standing there.

Ishan sat in the garden, bringing his knees to his chest.  He cried, cried his heart out.

Stupid, very very, very stupid Ishan!

How could he think like that?
How could he forget he is a homeless, jobless, poor villager.
Just because a kind man helped him, doesn't mean all this!
His stupid heart! Why did it have to beat so fast for someone? Why didn't he realise he didn't deserve all this?

It seems like the sudden happiness blinded him, he forgot his fate.
He forgot his situation.

Ishan felt ashamed, so ashamed.

"Ishan?"
His thoughts interrupted when he heard his name in a familiar voice, he quickly got up wiping his tears away.

"Y-yes shub- um shubman" Ishan stared at the man with a smile.

"Were you crying Ishan?" Shubman asked, softly.

"N-no! It's just my eyes are itchy" Ishan replied, with a forced smile.

Shubman slightly smiled, holding the anklet in front of him.
"You left this"

Ishan looked at his hand, "Oh-h" He managed to stutter out. The shorter boy quickly looked away, trying his best to hold back his emotions. Shubman standing in front of him wasn't helping with that.

Shubman moved closer to the boy, gently touching his cheek.
Ishan took a deep breath, looking up at Shubman with big eyes, tears pricking around the corners.

"You know I can't see your tears, right?" Shubman said making the boy slowly look down.

"Ishan, is it about the things I said to Sara?"

Ishan's eyes widened, he gripped onto his shirt.
"W-what- are you saying.."

"You heard it, didn't you?"

Ishan wanted hide himself somewhere, shit.

"Shubman... I am sorry... I had some thoughts which are kind of inappropriate in.. in this arrangement... I am very much ashamed of myself I-"

Ishan immediately stopped when he felt a finger on his lips.

"Shhh, I love to listen to you but will you hear me out first?"

Ishan slowly nodded.

"Ishan... I initially thought of hiding it... But I think it will only mess things up between us..."

"You know I have lived in this house alone for past one year... Believe me I never had the urge to come back home. But now, I am excited to come home with you, to you. You make... everything feel so alive here Ishan... You make me want to wake up in the morning, you don't know how much your small talks and smiles helps me get through the day."

Shubman smiled, stupidly.

"You make me happy Ishan, I want to spoil you with everything I have and I want to hide you in my arms... Forever"

Ishan's heart skipped a beat, he felt as if blood from his whole body rushed to his cheeks.

"But... I can't"

The happy dance of Ishan's heart stopped before it could even start.

"Ishan I am... Associated with the freedom fighters.."

Ishan's eyes widened, a wave of fear running down his spines.

He knows what it means.

He has seen enough examples of that already.

Ishan lost his cousin, his only childhood friend, and God knows how many of his villagers who suddenly went missing.

"Shubi that's..." Ishan couldn't form any words.

"Risky, I know... That's why I don't want you to involve with me Ishu, I want set you free " Shubman said rubbing his thumb gently over his cheek bone.

Ishan quickly hugged the boy tightly, bursting out in his chest.
"Kya free? Aapke bina aur kon hai mere pass hun?" Ishan hit his chest with his fist.

Shubman felt guilty, wrapped his arms around Ishan, rubbing his on his back.

"I know but-"

"Bas, bohut ban chuke mahan" ishan said, hitting his chest again.

He looked up , holding Shubman's face in his hands "ek baat yaad rakhna, Aap jaha bhi jaoge , Jo bhi karoge, main humesha rahunga aapke saath"

"Shubman, Mera pehla pyaar Krishna ji hai.... Aur pata hai? aapme mujhe unki roop dikhti hai... Jo bhi khwahishe wo puri nahi kar paye wo aapne Puri ki, Jo Prem wo na jata sake wo aap..." Ishan felt his eyes go blurry again.

"Mai kaise aur kisi ke taraf dekhu"

That's when he felt a pair of lips on his own, they both closed their eyes.

Shubman held Ishan close as they shared the slow intimacy, their breath and tears mingled.

When they pulled away, Ishan suddenly felt so shy, he looked down hiding his face in his hands.

He felt Shubman kneeling down in front of him.

He took his left foot slowly onto his lap, making ishan hold onto his shoulder for support.
Shubman slowly wrapped the silver accessory around his ankle, he leaned in to secure the hook with his teeth.
Ishan breath hitched, his grip tightened around shubman's shoulder when the other placed a soft kiss on his foot.

"Your every feature is so delicate, my dearest"

It is as if I’ve loved only you,

Hundreds of times, in hundreds of

forms In life , after life, age after age,

again and again!

--------------------------------------------------------

I am kinda not satisfied with this update as my brain didn't wanna work while writing this😭-
I tried my best tho
Vote and comment so I get motivation to write 🥲
💝🦋