𝕺𝖓𝖊 𝕾𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖞

รɦαω

"Are you listening to me?" Sebastian asks.

"Uh-huh," I mumble.

I am hardly listening to anything my little brother is saying. I am far too busy staring at my phone. As if my hard stare would make Riel answer my messages any faster.

Sebastian continues talking."Gwen says the event planners are coming to look at house in an hour."

"Uh-huh," I whisper.

I don't understand why Riel is taking so long to reply to my texts. He must know that a day off doesn't mean he should ignore his boss.

 He must know that a day off doesn't mean he should ignore his boss

Riel responses to my messages with his usual wisecracking. He doesn't even know that he is the only person I let talk to me like he does.

I wonder what he does when he isn't working. I just hope he doesn't have a man in my life other than me.

"Shaw," my brother snaps."You're not listening to me."

"Sebastian, I don't care to help with your engagement party. Leave me alone."

I am seriously reconsidering my decision to let my brother use my house as the venue for his engagement party.

I didn't care for him constantly pestering me with updates on the likes and dislikes of his fiancée.

"Of course," he groans,"you don't."

I have never seen a man involved in planning his wedding than my brother.

"Seabass, leave the planning to Gwen and the professionals." I tell him.

"Fine," he exhales."So, um, when are you and Mallory planning to have your wedding?"

"Soon." I reply.

"How soon?" He asks.

"Soon." I tell him

Sebastian like everyone else in my family has no clue about my and Mallory's relationship ending seven years ago.

"It's has almost been eight years since your engagement party," he considers."You guys should've been married by now."

Mallory's secret isn't mine to share. So, I can't tell anyone why we aren't going to get married.

"I am aware of how long it's been." I retort.

"And?" Sebastian urges.

"And nothing," I say.

"You're cold," he curses."You say you love Mallory, yet you aren't the least bit excited about getting married to her. She deserves better."

"Uhm . . . " I mutter.

"Uhm? That's your response? Do you even care about anything other your company and money?" Sebastian yells at me.