Love Shot # 11: My worst nightmare

Where are you?

Where are you?

I ran searching for the other half of my heart as I pushed rocks and large tree branches. I don't even know why I was there or how I ended there, I just have this feeling that I need to find my husband and find him really fast...

I'm starting to get scared... where could he be?

I made a sharp turn at a corner and came face to face with a large wooden door with golden handles... my chest tightened and this weird feeling had gotten relatively stronger... should I open it?

I looked down and gathered the courage to move forward... I need to find Denver...

I shakily held one of the handles and slowly turned...

The door opened and it was bare except for a large white bed in the center...

I walked closer... and closer... my heart beating loudly in my ears... t-there's someone on the bed...

I felt my knees go weak and held on to the bed for support...

My beloved husband... my heart... my everything... lying lifeless on that bed...

No! I will not accept this! Not my Denny!

I felt the tears slowly stream down my face and I grabbed his now cold hand...

How could this happen? Who did this to you?

There were many questions I want to ask... so many things I want to say but at that moment I felt that my voice disappeared...

Open your eyes for me please.... Hold my hand and tell me again how much you love me...

Tell me this is just one of your jokes and that your twin forced you to do it... I won't be angry...

Just... open your eyes...

"Jackie?"

"Jackie?"

"Ngh... No... Wake up please... don't..."

"Jackie! Wake up!"

Jackie sat back up causing the being that woke her jumping backwards, "Woah... are you okay?"

"D-Diane?"

Diane smiled and sat on the edge of the bed, "Yeah... the one and only... I was about to invite you for a tea break because I can't sleep and then I saw you sleeping and I decided to go out but you thrashed and shouted my brother's name... had a bad dream?"

Jackie nodded, "I dreamt... Denver... he..."

"He what?"

Tears fell down the Jackie's eyes and Diane's smile disappeared, "what is it?"

"I saw him dead... I tried to call him but he won't open his eyes... I'm scared..."

Diane moved closer to hug the distressed one, "Jackie... do you know that dreams are the opposite of reality? I'm sure my twin is all right and is either sleeping or eating right now with the others."

"I know but I'm just worried..."

"Why don't you call him then? He will surely answer."

Jackie shook her head and smiled weakly, "this is a rare opportunity for the boys to gather... I don't want to disturb their night out."

Diane sighed and squeezed her friend's shoulder lightly, "fine... Jackie, have I ever lied to you?"

"No..."

Diane grinned and Jackie felt new tears threatening to fall from her eyes, "dammit... how can the two of you look terribly alike when you smile."

Diane rolled her eyes, "we're twins... anyway, I'll get you ice cream instead. That would calm you down."

"But we just told the kids not to eat them..."

"Exactly! That means more ice cream for the grownups!"

Jackie finally chuckled and slowly moved to get off her bed, "all right you got me... let's eat that ice cream."

"I knew I can persuade you!"

Diane followed behind Jackie and whispered to herself, "I guess this isn't the time to tell her that Den tripped over a root and now sports a large bump on the forehead..."

"Hey Diane! Come on! Jared and Rena might wake up!"

"I'm not the one shouting... and that's going to Tate and Trevor's room... the kitchen is this way! Are you still asleep?"

Jackie laughed and turned around to stand beside her friend, "your husband's snarkiness is rubbing off you."

"Oh God... I better be careful."

"You should be."