Chapter Twenty-Two

It's been three days since Gael had saved me. I'm sure I would have figured something out. But it was a lot easier with his help.

  We're all sitting down at the dinner table. John is here as well. I'm pretty sure that he just lives here. He's always over. I made sure to stay out of the conversations. That was until John brought me into the conversation.

  "How was Dr. Sharon?" He asks.

  "Oh yes, how was that? You've been in your room for so long I've forgotten to ask," Sharon says.

  I haven't really left my room all that much. Between the pain from the wounds and just no motivation, I just kinda stayed there.

  "Fine." I didn't care to talk about this right now. Addison made me come downstairs and eat with them. I wasn't just sleeping and laying there. I was also trying to track Hassan down, but like before, I came up empty handed. It was really starting to piss me off.

  "What did you guys talk about?" Felix asks.

  "None of your damn business," I snap. Everyone jumps back at this.

  "Sorry. I have a lot on my mind," I sigh. I shouldn't have snapped but they shouldn't be poking their nose into other peoples business.

  "We're just trying to help Mace. There's no need to get angry," Sharon scolds.

  "How was shopping?" I ask, changing the subject. Out of nowhere though, I get the feeling that I'm being watched. I am facing the sliding glass windows that lead out to the patio. I check the nearby windows but don't see anything out of the ordinary.

  "Mace? Mace are you listening?" Jess asks. My attention goes back to her. I nod and transfer my gaze over to her. The feeling won't go away though, so I scan the windows again. Then my phone goes off.

  I take it out of my back pocket and flip it open. It's a random number.

  "Who is it Mace?" Asks Tom.

  "I'll be back."

  I get up from my seat and walk outside. I make sure to close the door behind me and I walk out of sight from my family.

  "Hello Mace." Instantly my back stiffens and chills run down my spine.

  "What the fuck do you want Hassan?" I hiss.

  "It looks like you're enjoying a nice family meal." He's close by. He knows where I am. I frantically look around.

  "Leave them out of this," I demand.

  "I have a proposal for you." There's a pause, almost as if he asked if I would listen.

  "Remember why your friends died? Well, I want you to come work for me. I will own you and you will be mine. But, If you don't then I will kill everyone you love and make you watch. You have twenty four hours to think this over."

  "Where are you? You son of a bitch! When I find you I am going to kill you and rip out your spine!" I bark. Then that's when I get the glimpse of his figure. My eyes dart open. I drop the phone and let my adrenaline take over.

  I sprint towards the house that he's in. As I go to hop the fence though, I hear the door slide open and someone call for my name. I push that aside though and keep on running. The house is across the street.

  When I get to the house, I throw my shoulder into the door. I end up breaking through with two tries, in the process, my shoulder has dislocated. I quickly get up from the floor and rush up the stairs. He was on the fifth floor.