chapter twelve ; in my head

"painted a picture, i thought i drew you well. i had a vision, seeing what isn't there." in my head; ariana grande

malachi

Somehow, MK had gotten the entire cast invited to an exclusive party in Shaughnessy Heights. It was complete insane, completely high class, and completely my scene.

Out of my experience, super rich private school kids throw the best parties.

"Have you spoken to Evy since yesterday?" MK asked, throwing on a shirt after he'd just hoped out of the shower. I was already ready, laying on my bed, messaging Maya. We had planned to meet up over the next few days.

"Nope. And don't intend to." I bluntly said, not wanting to speak about the subject. The two of us had gotten into a heated argument in the middle of a restaurant yesterday afternoon. It was funny, as I'd had the experience twice now, both in the short time span of knowing Evelyn.

MK huffed, trying to hide his annoyance. "Come on, man. What you said was pretty fucked up."

I rolled my eyes, scoffing slightly at his words. He could say whatever he wanted about the situation; I wasn't budging.

"I know that, MK. But she also said some pretty fucked up shit to me. Plus, you know I didn't mean it in a degrading way." I replied, placing my phone down to completely engage in the conversation. MK was my best friend - him, Brady and I had been super close for a long time. Now that Brady and I were going through a rough patch, I felt like MK was the closest person to me. He knew who I was as a person, meaning he knew my true intentions.

"Yeah, I know that. But what happens if Evy doesn't? She's a really sweet girl, Mal. Thinking that you think of her as some sort of slut would really upset her." MK spoke to me in a stern, scolding tone. He was normally the most laid back, chilled guy - so the fact that he was getting serious with me told me that the scenario was probably a lot more complicated than I originally thought.

"Yeah, I know. I'll... I'll try and talk to her tonight." I responded, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. I sat up, seeing that the boy was ready to go.

"Good. Now come on, I don't wanna waste anymore time. I worked hard to get us invited to this." MK grinned, rushing me out the door. I slapped him on the back, rushing out beside him.

"You're finally ready! Lord, you say we take our time." Meg teased, standing by the door alongside the rest of the cast. Milo and Julian left their room at the same time as us, meaning all the girls were prepared a while before.

We all laughed, but my smile wasn't as bright. All I could look at was Evy. She looked gorgeous - unlike anything I'd ever seen. She was wearing a short, black dress: embroidered with silver glimmering stars and glistening with sparkles. The light reflected off of her as if she was the only thing in the universe, making me glow and shine and stand beyond anything I'd ever witnessed.

I loathed how pretty she was; it drove me to the point of insanity, knowing that she was standing before me, yet I couldn't have her. Knowing that as she stood before me, she hated me more than she'd ever hated anyone.

That much was visible on her face.

"Hey, the cast of Percy Jackson is coming as well." Julian announced, reading a text from someone off his phone. "You know a couple of them, right Ev?"

I turned back to the girl, whose face had turned a little pale. She cleared her throat gently. "Uh, yeah. I know Maya and Walker."

"And Charlie." Milo added quietly, before he earned an elbow to the stomach by the little blonde girl.