Part Nine

Percy PoV

When he saw the light fade from her eyes, that was when he remembered.

Too late.

Too late.

Too late-

He remembered meeting her for the first time. "You drool when you sleep," She had told him.

He remembered giving up immortality for her, the spark in her eyes when he had said no.

He remembered kissing her underwater, keeping himself sane when he had amnesia by thinking about her name, falling into Tartarus...

He remembered who he was.

He was Percy Jackson.

And he was not Circe's mindless servant anymore.

But he most certainly not free yet. 

All he could do was hope. 

Hope that he would be strong enough to stop Circe before she made him hurt someone else.

 The part of him that was under his control whispered, Leave the cabin and walk into the woods. The others will be here soon enough. 

Oh how Percy wanted to stay until the others came; to let them kill him. It was the least he deserved.

But he still had to turn around and walk out. Then he immediately walked back in.

Maybe he couldn't resist her orders. But he sure as hell could do something else. Leave a little calling mark to show that it was him, that Percy was the person that needed to die.

Stifling a gag, he reached for the bone sword that he had placed on top of Annabeth and plunged it into her heart again. It was gross, and morbid, but he couldn't see pen and paper. And this message was taking all of his willpower to write.

It was in Ancient Greek:

It was me. I killed her. Guess it was better in the end I wasn't your type, Nico?

Percy walked out of the cabin, sneaking into the woods that screamed THIS PLACE WILL BE THE DEATH OF US.

And once he was there, all the grief suddenly caught up with him. Her anger, betrayal and a little bit of understanding. She would 100% go to Elysium, and he might go there as well, if Hades was understanding. All he could do was hope that she would forgive him.

That was all he could do ever, wasn't it? Hope?

I hope Nico has the common sense to track me down and kill me.