005.

Yoana Thomas

I opened my eyes quickly closing them due to the bright light in my face

I opened my eyes quickly closing them due to the bright light in my face. I heard voices around me but one stood out in particular- Ms.Katrina.

"She's awake" I heard a soft female voice say followed by the door being shut before my eyes fluttered open.

I took a moment examining the room and people crowded around me. I looked down seeing the IV's hooked up to me. I bit the inside of my lip, feeling embarrassed as all eyes fell upon me.

Kylan spoke up clearing his throat, "Stop watching her"

A man who I didn't recognize made a face at Kylan before chuckling shaking his head. He stood about 6'5, he was wearing a white tee, black sweats and some NIKE slides. Tattoos covered both of arms and neck from what the shirt wasn't covering. His hair was braided to the back, he had a nice body and indeed he looked good.

He glanced at me before quickly looking away.

"Yoyo are you okay?" Ms.Katrina spoke softly rubbing my head. I nodded too embarrassed to speak. The door opened again, I looked over to my right.

A black female with a red install walked through the door, showing all of her teeth. She sanitized her hands, walking over to me smiling.

"You're finally awake! Hi, I'm Doctor Scott. I'm here making sure all is good, on a scale of 1 through 10 are you in any pain or discomfort?"

I shook my head. She paused for a moment, she gave me her clipboard and her pen. I looked at her and she gave me a reassuring smile.

"I promise I'm not here to judge I'm here to make sure you're as comfortable as possible."

I nodded grabbing the pen carefully, I wrote the number 2 on the clipboard. She nodded, "Ok so that's good, do you remember anything at all? or why you're here?" I nodded, looking down at the clipboard.

She nodded in response, "Okay well you almost didn't make it but thanks to these two young men you arrive just in time, Monica and I- Monica is my assistant but we were able to flush the drugs out of your body just in time before you were too far gone."

I kept quiet not uttering a word. Ms.Katrina rubbed my arm, keeping her focus on the doctor.

"She will need to be under supervision- Overdoses are something that is a serious case just as serious as suicide is.. You guys can supervise her as well as you know take turns watching her or she can be sent to a institution under intensive care which wont be paid for"