𝟑𝟒. 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞

Ruhaan

"I don't want to lose her." I said placing my hand on my heart to calm my racing heartbeats.

"What?" Kabir asked me and turned me around by my shoulder.

"What the fuck do you mean by that?" Kabir asked me becoming furious.

"Kabir you know this very well that I lost my Avni because of my stupidity. I don't want to lose Sohana. Idk why but I feel scared whenever I think about losing her or about her leaving me." I replied looking at Sohana.

"Ruhaan, are you kidding with me or what? Avantika died because god wanted that. Not because of you." He told me holding me from my shoulders.

"See Ruhaan, love is the purest feeling in this world. And when someone loves you by heart then you should accept it. Kyuki ham jis insaan ko andekha karte hain wohi insaan hame sabse jyada pyaar karta hai." He said with a sad smile.
(Because the person whom we ignore the most, loves us the most.)

"I know that." I replied.

Kabir closed his eyes shut and again opened his eyes. His were red by now in anger.

"What you know that? Are you really a stupid Ruhaan? She loves you! Just give her a chance. And you also care for her so much. Then why? Move on from Avni and give your life another chance." He told me but I shook my head.

"I can't forget my Avni, Kabir. She was my very first and always be the last." I said and he raised his eyebrow.

"Really? Are you forgetting about her?" He asked me and my brows furrowed.

"What do you mean?" I asked him and he just smiled.

"You are forgetting her Ruhaan. Your very first crush." He said and I remembered the incident that happened 11 years ago.

"Shut up Kabir. She was just my crush. It was just an attraction." I told him and he nodded.

"So when did I say that you loved her? You said that Avni was the first girl you liked and loved so I just corrected you." He said in a casual tone.

"Kabir, don't interfere the girl in this situation. I don't care about her now. And about loving Sohana, I don't love her. I will never fall for her. It's just I care for her because she helped me so much. If I am standing infront of you with a smile on my face then it's because of her. If my family is happy today then she is the reason. That's why I care for her so much. I can't tolerate if anything happens to her. She is precious to me." I said the last line without even realising.

"That's what Ruhaan, she is precious to you and you love her." He said and now I was frustrated.

"Shut the fuck up Kabir!" I yelled on him and he looked at me with big eyes.

"Don't shout on me Ruhaan! Your mind is fucked up by your stupid thoughts. You fucking aren't able to listen to your heart. Bring a fucking stethoscope from Sohana and place it on your heart to listen what it is saying." He shouted back on me.

"Stop using that fuck word again and again. It's an fucking orphanage. Children are there." I again yelled on him.

"You were the fucking one who started it. And even now you're using it. Correct yourself first then come and correct me." He said raking his fingers through his hair.