chapter two

Aww! It hurts! Shit! Don't tell I sprained my foot.

He heard noises outside, a quick knock.

"Young Lady, are you alright? What happened?"
"Quick go, call the headmaster. "

Xuan Qi didn't reply cause he didn't mind the people outside but rather  he tried to stand up, yet.. the door opened and someone rush inside, hurriedly help the still slumped body of Xuan Qi, in pained.

Why do I felt like my body is too weak? If I were to fall back then I can immediately stand up...but just now I can even budge a move when I fall.

That someone help him get back to his bed, laid him still in there,

"Young Lady, if you want something just tell this maid servant, I will obey immediately. You don't need to move around, you're still injured." The person who claimed to be a maidservant said, Xuan Qi didn't gave an ear to her but rather examine the girl standing beside the bed. She was wearing a plain dull robe, and she's not tall nor short.

Xuan Qi didn't move much, but after a while, something occurred on his mind which make him frown,

"Did you just call me, young lady?" His tone were not friendly but not too cold either. The voice wasn't rough but rather soft like a hush of wind.

"Of course I should do so, Young lady." The maid servant replied politely. Xuan Qi didn't make any response again but lately he said,

"You turn around and don't look in this side." He said sternly, but the truth is his thoughts are chaotic, when the maid servant turned around, Xuan Qi quickly touch his throat, he felt his adams apple are the same, then he touch his chest and it was still the same, and so he slid his hand down way, was about the touch what he suppose to touch when the door suddenly burst open, Xuan Qi's hand halted.

Who is this old man?

"Headmaster Xia." The maid servant beside the bed greet and slightly bowed, the old man that was called Headmaster Xia wave his hand, and the maid servant hurriedly went out the room, closing the door behind.

"Yuan'er, how do you feel? Does your foot still hurt?" The old man asked soothed, then he reach Xuan Qi's hand and check his wrist pulse.

"Who are you? Err...who am I?" Xuan Qi bluntly asked, he felt complicated, earlier when he first woke up he was in a cave and then he passed out because of his surging memories, and when he woke up again, there is this servant calling him 'young lady' and now this old man calling him Yuan'er rather than Xuan Qi his name.

"I am your grandfather. Why did you ask such thing?" The old man's voice were visibly scowling, as if he was sad upon hearing it, but the truth is his indeed worried.

"You..you're my grandfather? How come? I don't remember I have a long-beard grandpa and...and you're ugly too. You..SCRAM!" Xuan Qi really uttered the last word loudly, he was gazing the old with his unreadable expression.

"You..Xia Liyuan! How could you say disrespectful words on me. I am your grandfather, what do you mean I'm ugly? You look exactly like your father and your father look exactly like me, so if I'm ugly you're ugly too!" The got furious immediately and even stood up, face frown as he stared at the man lying on the bed, Xuan Qi.

"I'm...pretty handsome. My father usually said that...you go scram." Xuan Qi uttered casually, and didn't mind the furious old man, he was pondering upon something.

"You! What happened to you exactly?!"

Xuan Qi was already deep in his thought and didn't hear the old man,

So that's it..he called me Xia Liyuan. Is that my name here?

"Yuan'er, are you okay? I'm sorry if I scolded you earlier..it's your fault but, Yuan'er? " when Xuan Qi didn't response, the old man get worried. He didn't know what happened to his grandson in the cliff and why his grandson was there. Now, his grandson seems like indifferent.

"I...arrghh!"

Xuan Qi was about to response when he felt his head sting, pain throbbed inside and everything seems ringing. Another surge of unknown scene flashes through his mind, it cause him to get dizzy, it was like banging inside his head.

Fuck! Not again!

In the last seconds of his consciousness, he manage to pinpoint the surging flashes of picture.

It was him! Xia Liyuan! That novel MC of Lifeless.

"Yuan'er! "

.