chapter 1

Lucy Swan knew she was drunk and that her limbs and brain were entirely out of control. When the two rich kids dragged her into the hotel room, she didn't have any strength to resist.

"Don't, don't touch me ......" she struggled in vain.

"You're just John's plaything!" The rich boy said contemptuously.

Tears fell from Lucy's eyes.

Just fifteen minutes earlier, she had come to visit her boyfriend, John Cullen, at the Morson Manor Hotel, but the moment she pushed open the door of the hotel box, she heard John sneer inside and say in a contemptuous voice:

"Lucy? I'm only with her because she looks like Sarina."

Sarina is Lucy's college roommate who left the country two years ago, after which Lucy and John started a relationship.

Lucy was so devastated that she immediately ran out. What she didn't notice was that two rich kids had set their sights on her, dragged her into a corner while she was in the throes of grief, and forced hard liquor into her mouth.

Lucy thought that was all the malice she had endured that night, but the next moment, she heard the two rich kids say:

"I heard that two years ago, John courted Lucy because she looked like Sarina. John found someone to cause a car accident deliberately. Lucy's father died in the accident, and her 5-year-old brother was disabled."

"John did some more tricks so that Lucy couldn't find a job to pay her brother's medical bills. When she was most helpless, John appeared again as Prince Charming."

Lucy was in shock; she couldn't believe her ears! No, there was no way that John would do something as horrible as that!

But then it occurred to her that the car accident between her father and little brother was too strange. She also couldn't find any work.

Just then, she heard John's voice, "What are you talking about? Didn't I tell you two to keep that accident a secret?"

"Lucy can't hear you; we complimented your skill at chasing women."

"Fuck off." John laughed and cursed.

The two rich second generations glanced at Lucy and smiled ambiguously: "She's yours." With that, they ran out of the room.

Lucy realizes that John has never denied that he intentionally caused the crash to hurt her father and little brother!

Lucy's heart instantly fell to the bottom.

At this moment, John walked step by step to Lucy's side, raising his foot and stepping on the hem of her snow-white skirt.

John condescendingly looked at her half-naked body and let out a sarcastic laugh, "What are you doing?"

"Fuck off, don't touch me—" Lucy wanted to scream, but the alcohol began to spread through her body, and she opened her mouth, only to let out a series of sweet moans, her body more limp and without any strength.

Lust appeared in John's eyes, and he quickly untied his tie, "Since you want to have sex so much."

Lucy's eyes widened in humiliation: no.

But John could not hear the disgust in her heart, and his large hand first caressed her little face crimson from alcohol, and then the finger slowly moved downward, all the way over her crimson lips, delicate chin, and neck as graceful as a swan.

That hand is about to grab her bare breasts!

Lucy clenched her fists as she spat out three words with all her might, "Sarina."

John stopped all movement for a split second, "What did you say?"

Lucy inclined her head and strained to exhale, "Sarina, I just ...... saw her at the door. "

John ran wildly out of the room instantly, and Lucy was finally alone.

Sarina is John's favorite woman, and Lucy says it was lying to see her at the door, and she wanted to distract John temporarily.

But it indeed couldn't be hidden from him for long.

She must find a way to get out of here as soon as possible!

Lucy struggled to get up from the floor and managed to stagger over to the door, her hand pressed hard on the knob, only to find that it wouldn't open. John locked the door from the outside.

Damn it!

She had to think of something else!

Lucy's heart pounded, almost popping out of her chest. Her hazy gaze swept over the king-size bed, couch, desk, and closet and finally landed on the huge floor-to-ceiling window.

A small terrace is outside the floor-to-ceiling windows, and Lucy climbs out. Dragging her heavy body again, she tries to flip from this side of the terrace to the terrace next door.

She had called out a few times, but no one had responded in the next room, so it should have been unoccupied. Thinking so, Lucy struggled to climb the fence and jumped to the next terrace with her eyes closed.

She was about to touch the hard ground, but unexpectedly, someone came out from the room behind the terrace. Lucy didn't have time to react and crashed into the man's arms.

It was an embrace with a robust masculine atmosphere.

"Ah!" Lucy gave a short shriek and fell to the ground with the man.

Through the bright moonlight, Lucy had already seen the man pressed under her body: he was very handsome, and his hair was black and soft, casually resting on his forehead, elegant in its messiness. Even though his eyes were closed now, his temperament still looked extremely powerful.

Lucy recognized the face; it was Edward, the current ruler of the Cullen family and John's uncle!

At that moment, there was a loud bang from the room behind Lucy, followed by an angry shout:

"Lucy!"

Oops! John was back!