Chapter 6

But John's head turned halfway, and he suddenly said, "I seem to see Sarina!" After saying that, he pulled out the car door and hurriedly got out without looking at Lucy in the back seat.

Lucy breathed a sigh of relief and quickly exited Edward's arms.

"I'm sorry!"

Edward's thin lips moved as if he wanted to say something, but Suddenly, John shouted outside:

"Sarina!"

Edward saw John running across the street through the car window, pulling a short-haired girl on the side of the road into his arms.

"Look for death!"

The driver on the road cursed.

Lucy and Edward retracted their gaze in tacit agreement.

Unspeakable embarrassment crept over the car.

No one spoke, and the atmosphere in the car was rather eerie.

Just when Lucy thought that there was no end to this embarrassment, Edward spoke:

"Sorry, John's rudeness to you is our family's responsibility." His voice was gentle, with a hint of sickness and hoarseness.

Lucy raised her eyes in surprise, surprised that Edward would say this.

After thinking about it, she said: "There is no way to force emotional matters." She lowered her head, revealing a slender neck. She looks fragile.

At this moment, a ray of warm sunlight shines through the car window, which will reflect Lucy's little face. Edward suddenly noticed a small black mole on her lips, perfect for a kiss.

Edward looked away gentlemanly. "The Cullen family doesn't allow this immorality to happen, Miss Swan. If you need it, you can ask me for help."

Lucy was even more surprised and couldn't help but prick up her little head: "Meaning, Mr Karen, will you be on my side?"

"Not on your side." Edward seemed hot and raised his hand to untie his bow tie, "That's just the house rule."

He seems to care about her, but he is afraid the Karen family will cause scandal because of her. When that day comes, John, a member of the Cullen family, will never be sacrificed.

Thinking of this, Lucy curled the corners of her mouth self-deprecatingly, "Thank you, I'll think about it."

Edward seemed to want to say more, but when he saw something on Lucy's body, he paused, then narrowed dangerously.

"Miss Swan." Edward's voice sank suddenly.

Lucy glanced at Edward, then looked down, and she saw that the scarf around her neck had somehow spread out, revealing a bright red kiss mark all over her neck.

Oh no! These are the traces that Edward made last night.

Lucy looked up and saw that Edward also had a bright red kiss mark on Adam's apple.

Edward and Lucy were close enough to smell each other's breath in the quiet back seat. The two of them have such similar kiss marks on their bodies that it is straightforward for people to have some ambiguous associations.

Sure enough, Edward was affected. He narrowed his eyes and said, "Speaking of which, the room where Miss Swan slept last night was close to me?"

He's suspicious of me!

Lucy's heart was beating so hard that she quickly wrapped her scarf, tried her best to maintain her composure, and said in a shallow voice, "...... Yes."

Edward changed his position, his long overlapping legs showing a strong presence in the cramped car, "Did you hear anything unusual last night?"

Lucy bit her lip, peeked at Edward, and quickly looked away, "...... yes."

Edward's eyes sank, and his gaze at Lucy became extremely oppressive, "What did you hear?"

"I heard John say......" After only one glance at Edward, Lucy seemed unable to withstand the psychological pressure; she lowered her head, her two small hands twisting uneasily, "I'm sorry, Mr Cullen, I just ...... Lied."

Edward said, "Oh?" and looked at her meaninglessly, "Go on."

"I slept in John's room last night." She buried her head lower, revealing a bright red kiss mark behind her ear.

Edward: "......"

Lucy glanced at Edward: "I was afraid of making a bad impression in front of my elders, so I lied and said that John and I slept separately."

Edward reacted momentarily before realizing that by "elder," she meant himself.

And Lucy's timid voice continued:

"Is Mr Cullen laughing at me in your heart? Knowing that John cheated, I was still stupidly reluctant to break up."

Edward looked at her with a blank expression.

"I want to break up, too, but I love him," Lucy said quietly, turning her head to look out the window.

While this made her seem a little silly, it was the quickest way to dispel Edward's suspicions: let him misunderstand that she had sex with John last night, and Edward would no longer suspect that she was the woman with whom he had a one-night stand.

Sure enough, Edward looked at her and stopped talking.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting!" At that moment, a nasty male voice suddenly sounded outside the car, and it was John back.

Lucy's heart skipped a beat; why did John return now?

In case Edward didn't believe her, he asked John directly if he had sex with her last night.

What will she do then?