TEWNTY-THREE

Sobs and Happiness

The man started approached Enola and Tewkesbury slowly and menacingly with his gun aimed right at them. But before he could do much, Lily jumped from her hiding spot and leaped onto the man's back, catching him by surprise.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!" Lily shrieked as she attacked him with his own gun. She pulled it against his neck while he was flailing around with her on his back. "You hate staying dead, you demon!" she shrieked at him with wide eyes and started shaking the gun back and forth, probably not a smart thing but she was running out of options on what to do.

Eventually, he managed to take control of his gun, pushed Lily against the wall, and flung her over his back and onto the floor. He started kicking her continuously in the stomach, making her curl into a ball as tears started pouring down her face.

She was ready for him to hit her one more time and she was sure she'd never wake up again, but before he could pull another blow, Tewkesbury and Enola jumped onto the man, shoving him away from Lily. The blonde couldn't see much but she heard grunting and punching and then Enola and Tewkesbury shouting in pain.

The man walked closer to her as she laid still on the ground to fool him that she passed out so he'd leave her alone. The tears were now dry on her face, but more managed to spill out. He pulled out a long chain from his jacket pocket and marched over to Tewkesbury. He wrapped the chain around his neck and started pulling it harder to choke him.

Enola slowly managed to crawl away from the man's view and towards Lily who was silently weeping, knowing she couldn't get up anymore and that Tewkesbury was going to die.

"Lily," Enola crawled over and whispered so quietly it almost wasn't heard. "Lils.." she caught the weeping girls attention. Enola grabbed her hand reassuringly. "Don't be afraid," she whispered. "You're not alone." she squeezed the girls hand, afraid that Lily would let out her last breath. "Please fight, my love." she whispered to Lily. The girl looked over at Tewkesbury who was struggling and losing breath as each second passed by. She nodded slowly, turning her head to Enola. The brunette smiled widely, despite the situation they were in.

"Grab his foot." she whispered and kissed the girl softly on the head. Lily swallowed down more tears and crawled over to grab one of his leg, Enola did the same to his other one. Together, they pulled themselves over, managing to trip him, letting go of Tewkesbury and falling over. He tripped over Enola's legs and hit his head on a small beam. Lily's eyes widened as she gasped.

Tewkesbury slowly stood up from his crouched position, steadying his breaths. Lily gasped out in relief and hugged Enola tightly. A couple more tears spilled out but she didn't care. The two girls embraced each other but as Enola heard the man gasp for breath on the floor, she gently passed a shaken up Lily to Tewkesbury and crawled over the to man, demanding to know who we worked for.

Lily didn't care to hear an answer. She continued to cry quietly as Tewkesbury engulfed her in a big hug. The two held each other tightly as Lily tried to catch her breath, leaning her head on his shoulder. "You're okay, my love," Tewkesbury whispered, smoothing her blonde hair down, trying to calm her down. "You're okay." He continued to reassure. He kissed the top of her head, then her forehead slowly, trying to calm her down.

"I'm so sorry," she managed to get out in between her breaths. she shook her head as she shook in his arms. "I tried to save you, b-but you almost—"