Chapter 22

Queen Ada Fiona Waze, she is the most beautiful woman in the Kingdom. Her fame in beauty lies with her light grey eyes with speckles of gold adding an ethereal beauty to her. Her fair toned skin was clear and she looked like 20 though she was 40 years old.

She took my hand in hers "My dear, I am sorry your special day ended this way." Her gaze settled on the specks of blood being cleaned by the servants.
Yeah, I didn't expect a murder either ma'am.

I gave a weak smile "Thank you for your kindness your majesty."

She smiled and talked about how she expected to make me her daughter in law only to find me already taken by Derek.

My mother recovered from the shock quite rapidly with the help of her friends Duchesss Lambert and Duchess Will. Pamela's mother was unwell again so she could not attend otherwise she might have ended the event in a memorable way than a simple bloodshed.

I saw Prince Edgar trying to communicate with Pam who kept ignoring him.
Then suddenly the lights went out....again.

Derek smirked and I wondered what he was planning.
Then they turned on again and Cory was standing in front of Pam holding a bouquet of red and white tulips.
How did he know she liked those? I guess it isn't hard work to the person who is a master at knowing all the information of the underworld.

Pam was visibly surprised and blushed so cutely, I could have gone and squeezed her cheeks if Cory wasn't standing nearby, she took the bouquet but unexpectedly Prince Edgar grabbed it from her hands and disintegrated it into dust.

Cory was about to punch him when Pam held his hand and faced the furious stare of the Prince. I observed the Queen unbothered by her son's actions and didn't even seem to want to intervene. She was probably fed up of cleaning his mess.

"Your highness, what is the meaning of your action?"

"You are still my fiancee, how dare you-you..."

"No I am not. I am no longer your fiancee and do not plan to be either. From now on, do not interfere in my business."

"No!" his shout rang through the hall. A large wisp of smoke appeared as a thunder bolt struck in front of the Prince's feet.

"Don't test my patience, your highness," said Cory. Everyone including Pam looked at him in surprise. His power was the most extensive and one of the legendary powers. He just exposed himself as a master of electric manipulation.

Prince Edgar clenched his teeth. He shivered in anger and a loud gust of wind swept Cory's way but he stayed unfazed.

"She is no longer yours, your highness."

"Your highness, please don't get angry," pleaded Wendy amidst the situation. She tried to hold Edgar's hand but he pushed her away "Just leav me alone, get away. I'll make you all pay."

He strode away angrily and I saw Derek smiling visibly enjoying the show. "Are you happy he caused a scene?"

"Are you angry, Edith?"

"Somewhat, I just keep wondering where my serious Derek is sometimes."

"Why do you expect me to be serious when I have been cheeky all along?"

I realized I had said my thoughts out loud. Well would he believe me if I said I was reborn? Why would I even be reborn anyway if I just died from an illness I couldn't escape from but seeing Derek's inquiring gaze patiently waiting for my answer, I wanted to tell him.

I walked out to the balcony, so no one would hear or see us.
"Derek," I began as he put an arm around my shoulder "The thing is... I don't know if you will believe me but I, I did know you before."