Willing

The old man sighed and said: "We don't know anyone else in this Huamen Town, maybe I really misunderstood you, you are not that kind of person, in that kind of situation, Xi'er's being able to survive is the most important thing, before letting her go to you, it seems that I really gambled correctly, you are a good person, it is me who misunderstood you, and also thank you for saving my life."

Qibao said: "Your vigilance is right. After all, I am also responsible for this matter. If it weren't for the money I gave you, neither one of you grandfather and granddaughter would have been in this situation." 

The old man shook his head and said: "Young master also has good intentions, but there are too many bad people in this world!"

Qibao asked: "Who hurt you? Do you know him?"

The old man said: "They are also beggars. They usually beg in groups of three or five, and many weak beggars in the town have been bullied by them. Sometime they could hardly ask for some food and coppers, they would snatch it away, very arrogant and overbearing, Xie'er and I have been robbed a few times, and I usually try to avoid them when I see them."

After Qibao understood the situation, she saw that the old man's face was a little pale due to the loss of blood, so she quickly said: "Old man, lie down and rest first, it's not too early now, let Xi'er go to bed early as well."

Qibao wanted to arrange a room for Xi'er, but the little girl just didn't want to leave, so Qibao could only let her be, and went back to bed by herself first.

The next day, Qibao gave Chun Wa silver for him to go out and buy some breakfast and come back, and Chun Wa also knew where to buy breakfast and went out without saying a word.

When Chun Wa came back, Qibao specially brought two portions of white porridge and some snacks to the grandfather and granddaughter's rooms.

The old man had already woken up when Qibao entered, and Xi'er was fanning him beside him...

"Xi'er, it's time for breakfast. I specially bought white porridge, which is very suitable for your grandpa to recover from his injuries."

"Thank you, young master, for taking the trouble to buy us food at your expense and letting me recover here. I'm very grateful." the old man said.

"Old man, you don't have to be polite, these only cost a few coppers, I can see that you look better than yesterday, you should be fine soon." Qibao said.

"I am in better spirits than yesterday. All thanks to you, master!" the old man said.

"Stop talking about this, Xi'er, please feed your grandpa some porridge!" Qibao said.

Xi'er brought a bowl of porridge and was about to feed the old man, but the old man said: "I can eat it myself, Xi'er, you can eat yours! The young master hasn't eaten yet, has he? We can't let delay the young master's meal, you'd better go and eat! Don't worry about me!"

Qibao nodded and walked out the door.

In the afternoon, Xi'er suddenly came to Qibao and said: "Sir, my grandpa has something to tell you."

Qibao was confused and followed Xi'er to the old man's room and said: "Old man, I wonder what you're looking for me for?"

"Does what the young master said yesterday still count?"

Qibao was stunned for a moment, and then said: "You mean you are willing to bring Xi'er to my house as a concierge?"

"Yes, although I haven't spent much time with the young master, I can tell that you are a good person, I'm old, I may not be able to protect Xi'er's safety. If the young master doesn't mind, I'll promise the young master, as long as you can let us have a full meal, and Xi'er won't be bullied any more in the future, I'll be satisfied."

Qibao said: "Don't worry, no one will bully you when you come to my house. However, my home is not in the town. I will take you back together in two days."

"Okay, everything depends on the master's arrangement. I am willing to sign the deed of sale. Even if I become a slave, it is better than starving to death one day!"

Qibao said: "Don't worry, it's just that I said before that I would teach Xi'er to read and practice martial arts. I wonder what the old man wants?"

The old man did not directly answer Qibao's question. Instead, he asked Xi'er: "Xi'er, have you heard what the young master said? Are you willing to learn?"

Xi'er thought for a while and said: "I am willing. As long as I learn kung fu, I can protect grandpa, and I will never let grandpa hurt again!"

The old man's eyes watered as he said: "No! Xi'er, after you learn kung fu, the first person you have to protect is the young master. We must know how to repay our kindness. The young master saved grandpa's life!"

"Yes! I will protect the young master and grandpa from now on!" Xi'er nodded and said.

Qibao said: "Xi'er, practicing martial arts is not only hard work, but will also cause injuries. Can you persist?"

"Yes, I can persist."

Qibao nodded with satisfaction and said: "Tomorrow, your young master will go and avenge you, I will not let anyone who dares bully you have an easy time!"

The old man was shocked after hearing this and said quickly: "Master, please don't be impulsive. Those strong and healthy ones are all adults. Master will suffer!"

Qibao said, "I will take anything, I will not suffer, don't worry old man, if I can't even deal with these people, my family won't be relieved that I came out on my own."

Although the old man felt that what Qibao said was reasonable, he couldn't help but feel a little worried. After all, the young master looked like a child, how could he fight against those grown men!

............

The next day, Qibao left the two Chun Wa siblings at home to take care of the old man, and let Xi'er lead the way, intending to go to those people to take revenge.

The two of them walked all the way to an abandoned Taoist temple outside the town. Before they entered, they heard a man yelling and cursing: "Didn't you hear me when I asked you to try harder? Did you not eat or something? A bunch of bastards that no one wants. If it weren't for our brothers, you would have been abducted by human traffickers long ago!" Then a "pop" sound was heard.

"That's right! If you can't get back a tael of silver today, let's see how we teach you a lesson. Get out of here! Don't hang around here, it's an eyesore!" Another arrogant voice sounded.

After a while, the door of the Taoist temple opened from the inside, and several children came out. The oldest was about ten years old, all of them were dirty. One of them was a little girl who was wiping her tears and had some stains on her face. It was swollen, and there was a red slap mark on the cheek, which looked particularly painful.

As soon as the children went out, they saw Qibao and Xi'er outside the door. They knew Xi'er, but they had only met her twice and didn't know her name.

The oldest boy looked at Xi'er and asked: "Why are you here?"

Xi'er said: "They injured my grandfather, and the young master came here specifically to avenge my grandfather."

The boy looked at Qibao and found that the material of the clothes he was wearing was not cheap. He said with some fear: "Young master, they are very strong, you can't beat them, leave now!"

Before Qibao could speak, a man shouted fiercely from inside: "You guys are still not leaving, what are you standing outside muttering about! Is your skin itching again?"

Then the sound of footsteps got closer and closer, and a man with disheveled hair and unkempt beard appeared in Qibao's eyes, glaring fiercely at the children outside the door.

Then his eyes were fixed on Qibao, looking up and down, and then fixed on Qibao's fair face. Seeing that there was only a little girl following him, he said: "Huh! Isn't this the rich young manster who can easily give a tael of silver to a beggar?" After saying that, he shouted to the Taoist temple: "Brothers, it's rare that a noble man has come to our Taoist temple. Come out and have a look." After saying that, his eyes stared at Qibao with some evil intentions, not knowing what he was planning.