𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑥

'The time will show you that everything happened for a reason. That's the love of Allah'.
~Q.

Rahma had received a whole different reaction from her sister, hameeda. Immediately she came into the house, she greeted her step mother briefly and made her way up to Rahma's room where the said person was hiding.

"My baby, come here". She opened her arms after barging in and while Rahma stared at her in shock because she thought she would receive a scolding and the the 'i told you so' attitude as she was insensitive like that. Hameeda engulfed her sister in a hug.

"It's okay, everything will be fine". She patted Rahma's back gently and she believed her sisters' words and soft voice.

"I am very happy that bastard is out of our lives". Hameeda said after pulling back and holding Rahma's shoulders.

"You're forgetting, we're still very much married". She moved away from her sister's hands and sat on the bed. Hameeda joined her and held her hand.

"Rahma. You know this family, daddy.. hell, we'll all make sure you never have to see his face ever again". Rahma nodded.

"Where is Fifi?". Rahma asked after her niece knowing her nephew probably was in school.

"Innalillahi wa Inna ilayhi rajiun". Hameeda shot out of her seat.

"What happened". Rahma stood up alarmed.

"I left her in the car". Hameeda replied already rushing out and the two ran downstairs as Rahma scolded her for that.

When they got down the stairs, they met the said girl on mummy's laps as she listened to the excited girls' story.

"Be abo(come here)". Mummy said when her gaze fell on hameeda.

"Mummy wallahi it was a mistake". Hameeda said with a sheepish smile and the older lady shook her head at her.

Hameeda was thankful her mother was at work if not she would probably be on her knees serving punishment while her daughter watched.

The three women sat down together and without thinking about everything that had been happening, they talked about different things, teasing each other then switching to serious topics about work then back to teasing.

After asr, most of the family members were back from the day's activities, hameeda had her son sent to the house as she wasn't ready to go home yet.

Rahma smiled as she watched her siblings banter and bicker and she realised again how much she missed them and again felt the pain of how Ali had hurt her. Still, she put on a smile to make her family relaxed and not question her.

A smile sudais had seen right through when he walked into the living room later when he came home.

"How was everything?". Daddy asked.

"He didn't deny anything. So, there won't be need for court procedures and he'll serve three years in jail". He explained looking anywhere but Rahma. He tapped around on his phone.

"Toh Alhamdulillah, it's better he got some sense and cause unnecessary trouble". Anty said and the others agreed with her.

"Gashi". Sudais handed his phone to his sister who had been watching him talk on the phone.

"He'll do it over the phone". He explained and with shaky hands she took the phone from him and stood up to go to the dining as she knew the tears were already betraying her.

"Hello?". She called after she mustered enough courage.

"Rahma". She heard his voice. A voice she had once swooned to.