💝Mother's Day Special! pt.1💝

consider this a sneakpeak of the parent scenarios book. also consider it an 'if you were parents/if you had kids' chapter until the parent scenarios book comes out!
___

Tanjiro Kamado

"here, Mitsuko, take this to your mommy." Tanjiro saidand leaned down to hand her a pink envelope. "don't jump on her."

"i know." she chirped, small feet pattering against the wooden floor as she ran to get to your room.

he let out a nervous breath and stood up straight to finish setting the table.

he was planning this since last week, which was honestly kinda overkill.

but he didn't wanna do too much because that'd take a lot more time and money, but he also didn't wanna do too little because you deserve the world.

"Kazuya." he cooed, smiling at the two year old as he chewed on his fist and gargled. "are you excited to surprise mommy on mother's day?"

he knew that you were gonna appreciate anything he did, but he just feels bad that you're pregnant during mother's day. that's his bad.

"here, momma!" Mitsuko exclaimed, dragging you into the kitchen despite your groggy eyes and bed head. "daddy made pancakes!"

"he didn't burn em?" you asked teasingly. tanjiro let out a dry laugh and grabbed your plate of chocolate chip pancakes to put on the table in front of you.

"hope you like them."

"awww." you glanced up at him, eyes watering progressively.

"oh, baby, don't cry."

"that's so sweet of you." you sniffled, wrapping your arms around his waist loosely and crying into his haori.

he sighed, petting your hair down with an amused smile.

"mommy, are you okay?" mitsuri asked worriedly.

"yes. i'm better than okay." you replied softly.

she nodded and sat down in the chair next to Kazuya.

"baby brother's getting bigger! he's gonna be the best big brother ever, right?"

"mhm." Kazuya hummed proudly.

"happy mother's day." Tanjiro muttered to you, kneeling down to the ground to wipe your tears and kiss you.

"thank you." you said, toying with his long hair and smiling. "for a bunch of things."

"i can name two." he muttered and gestured to the kids.

"yes, i'm extremely grateful for them." you said in amused agreement.

Zenitsu Agatsuma

"girls, girls, please— can you calm down?!" Zenitsu asked, chasing the twins around the house and trying to stop them from knocking anything over and hurting each other or themselves. "geez, i should've stayed in shape."

he sighed, glancing down at his leg with a scowl.

"well, actually, i did! it's that jerk's fault!" he grumbled.