CHAPTER FORTY

Fajir Eldridge

Fajir Eldridge

Keren tried to follow him but Lily-belle held her back. "No, Keren, give him time to think," she said.

How did you guys end up in this room together?

"I saw him earlier in the morning and decided to wait for him so that we could have a chance to talk so I skipped class," Keren said. Luckily for me, he came out of the P.T.A meeting earlier than I had expected because of boredom.

How did you get him to change his mind yet he had said he could never be with you because of your ethnicity?

He had nowhere to go because everyone was either in class or the P.T.A so he accepted to chat with me. We talked about our issues and finally reached a point where we realized that we are still young and not getting married anytime soon. Qadir agreed with me that we should live in the present and not focus on the future. Everything was going great until he learnt about what Ivory said.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for Keren, she loved Qadir but it was a forbidden love that could never go anywhere. Even though Ivory backed out, their families would never accept.

Lily-belle stayed with Keren. I left her comforting Keren who was back to crying. I needed to update Jensen that I had found Qadir. I found him seated in the cafeteria.

"Addie, Qadir told me that he has spoken with you," he said. He says that he was in the film lab watching the movies made by students.

I wasn't going to tell him about what Qadir was actually doing in the film lab

Where is he now?

"Gone. He told me he will use the tube to get to mom's apartment," Jensen said. Join me, let's wait here until class gets over.

I sat there with him. Larissa and Patrick joined us immediately after I sat down. Cassie sat at another table deep in conversation with her mother Esperanza. Now that they were seated together, it was easy to tell that they were mother and daughter because they resembled each other greatly. I don't know how I never saw it before.

"Patrick, are you serious about what you said during the P.T.A?" Jensen asked.

"Yes, I won't be coming back for year thirteen, I will be joining Rock High," Patrick said.

"Waldon is out, can't you reconsider your decision?" I asked him.

"My mind's made up, anyway Rock High is strict when it comes to discipline," he said.

"Adessa, Kemi attacked you in front of everyone," Larissa said. I felt really bad for you. I am glad she is now gone from this school.

I don't think she will let it go easily, I know she will do something bad to me.

"Many people, adults included this time, saw her attack you," Patrick said. If she tries anything on you, she will end up in prison like her mother.

The rest of the student body joined us in the cafeteria at lunch time, many of whom wanted to know what came out of the P.T.A meeting. "Listen everyone, Kemi, Liz and Raven have been expelled," Larissa said. She was tired of responding to the individual questions from them.