Let's Begin

I would be lying if I say that the days became easier now that we knew when the trial would take place. It wasn't necessarily the fact that we had to wait rather the upheaval that surrounded it. The number of the patrolling guards increased by every single day and the gardens and the Collected library were full of strangers now. It was impossible to walk around from one place to another without getting stared at. The whole castle became more and more suffocating as the week passed.

Sulpicia and Athenodora stayed good company through the days. They made small talks with Esme and brought us the prettiest dresses that they could find from various eras. Also Bella wanted to refuse them saying she packed us enough clothes to last but she found deaf ears. Not to mention that she found their intrusion humiliating.

"Dear. It is necessary that they look presentable. The whole world is gathering here just to see your daughters. They can't stand before the crowd in ravaged fabric like this." Sulpicia raised one of my favorite t-shirts.

I quickly snatched it from her hands and hid it under a pillow. Of course it was ravaged. I wear it all the time. I pouted.

"Isn't this a bit of an overreaction?" Bella fought back her anger that this action caused.

"Oh it is far from that. This trial will be the greatest show that we have seen in a few hundred years. Even those cowardly Romanians might show up." Athenodora smirked from the armchair. The simple mention of the rivaling coven awoke something dangerous in her.

"Why will there be so many people here?" Renesmee asked.

"Because of you of course." She immediately hit a sweeter tone when she talked to us.

"Us? Why?" Ren asked back.

"Because you and your sister are special, and no one had seen something like you before." She smiled.

Her words strangely made my sister conscious about herself. Was she special? She was the daughter of her parents and my twin sister. She played like any other child. She slept like any other child. She never felt extraordinary in that matter. She was just Renesmee Marie Cullen. She glanced down at her fidgeting hands to distract herself. The whole world meant a lot of people. She didn't want to meet them, she realized. I patted her back reassuringly.

"It will be okay. I'll help." I smiled at her and she smiled back weakly.

"I think we should find something less outdated. If the trial grows long, something comfortable would be a better choice for the children." Esme turned to Sulpicia.

The woman eyed the earlier dress that she showed us. It was pretty that was sure but it would go with a strange pair of shoes that had high heels. Was it a trend in the Victorian era? Why would they give high heels to children? Way to mess up someone's growth.

"You might be right." She agreed after a while.

It always surprised me how the wifes accepted Esme so easily. She had a kind aura that holded soft elegance and dignity. The kind which was expected from a leader's mate. Sulpicia and Athenodora embodied something similar and my dear grandmother fit into their vibe perfectly. That is why the queens listened to her opinion without question while they ignored Bella effortlessly. In their perspective they stood in a similar ground.

In the end we settled with two identical white dresses that have an ancient feel to it. The design was pretty simple with a golden strap that was tied in our waist like a belt holding the dress together. It went with a pair of leather sandals. I turned Ren around to get a good look at her.

"Oh you're like tiny goddesses!" Sulpicia cheered.

And for once we all agreed. Such a shame we had to dress up all pretty just for a grave event like my kidnappers hearing. It was six days ago when we talked with Alice and it was almost time for them to arrive. Right as I thought about it a light knock was heard on the door. We all turned at the sound.