The Truth

Chapter 1. Awakening.
P17.  The Truth.

There I was and asked the question I wanted answered.
Neoma chuckled condescendingly, “What makes you think that I did?” She asked with amusement.
“The dagger Dracula sealed me with had celestial powers infused within it,” I replied.
“Ohh, is that so?” She remarked the way she seemed unsurprised revealed that there was something that she knew about this.
I've had enough of her shenanigans it was obvious she was playing around with me.
I walked to her standing in front looking straight into her eyes and smirking face.
“I'm done playing games Neoma, either you give the answer I seek or I will make you,” I threatened.
(Meanwhile outside the throne room)
Emma was watching how both Leyla and Cecilia attempted the magic combination tasks.
“It failed again,” Cecilia expressed in frustration.
Leyla didn't make much progress either.
“I'm also struggling here,”
Emma who had remained silent till now wanted to help them both.
“You girls fail because you don't grasp the reason why you want to succeed in magic,” She said while correcting her glasses.
Both of them were taken by surprise by Emma's sudden advice.
“Reason?” Leyla asked, confused.
Emma understood that both of them needed more explanation.
“Are you familiar with what concepts are?”
Leyla and Cecilia faced each other in hopes that one of them knew the answer.
Emma chuckled for the first time, she found it fun in a way that both of them waited for the other to answer.
“Concepts are what makeup reality, it's the reason why everything exists,” Emma opened up.
Leyla and Cecilia listened carefully.
“For example, without the concept of life, nothing in the world would be able to live,” Emma further explained.
“Sounds similar to one's soul,” Leyla mumbled.
“Correct your soul is the information and concept of who you are, if your soul were to be destroyed your existence would end and reincarnation would not be possible,”
Emma had more to say.
“Now that you understand what concepts are, explain why magic exists in the first place,” Emma asked the girls.
Leyla nodded toward Cecilia pushing the burden of answering to her.
Cecilia rolled her eyes at Leyla and answered, “It’s because the concept of magic is allowing magic to exist,” Cecilia answered unsure.
“Yes, now that you know why magic exists in the first place, ask yourself why you want to use magic. What drives you to succeed in using magic? You must understand your reason why you want to use it before you can hope to combine various magic spells, ” Emma taught them a valuable lesson on magic.
Leyla and Cecilia looked at each other for a moment and then closed their eyes and thought about why they wanted to succeed with magic.
“I want to succeed in magic to help out my mother and others like her, people who need help but can't help themselves,” Leyla told Emma with determination.
Cecilia who was just as determined as Leyla also gave her answer, “I want to succeed in magic because I want to show my family that you can become strong without living a life of misery and after seeing the people of the slumps being treated like garbage by the nobles, I as a noble want to protect them from that,”
Emma smiled, she was satisfied with the reasons they gave.
“Now just like the concept of magic allowing magic to exist, allow your reasons to allow you to succeed,” Emma said while correcting her glasses.
Now with both of them being taught that they each closed their eyes.
Leyla cast the fire spell Isahel and the ice spell Kryos one in each hand.
Cecilia cast the lighting spell Electroz and the water spell Wotros one in each hand.
“Good, now analyse the blueprint of both spells and create a new unique blueprint that works for you,” Emma said.
Both Leyla and Cecilia focused their magic eyes to see the blueprints and slowly used parts of each blueprint to combine.
“It's working,” Leyla succeeded in casting both eyes and fire from the same magic circle.
“No way,” Cecilia said, surprised to see both water and lighting combined.
Emma smiled slightly.
“You both did great,” She complimented.
At that moment a loud explosion sound came from inside the throne room.
Emma, Leyla and Cecilia rushed in.
“What’s wrong my Lady?!” Emma said in worry.
Inside the throne room, me and Neoma clashed with swords.
“It seems the 5000 years have left you weakened,” Neoma said with a smile.
I smirked at her. “Please I'm just holding back,”
Neoma chuckled.
We exchanged hundreds of blows per second shaking the castle as a result.
“I can't see them,” Leyla focused her magic eyes.
“That's because they move faster than your magic eyes can see,” Emma stepped in front of the girls to shield them from our fight.
Neoma's sword strikes were powerful and precise and she blocked just as well.
“Not bad,” I told her calmly with a grin.
“You too, let's leave it at that, I'm afraid the castle would be destroyed if we continued to fight,” Neoma was right, just looking at the damage we did in the throne room continuing this friendly battle would destroy her castle.
“Now please answer honestly, it's clear to me you know something about Dracula's betrayal,”
The damage to the castle was already fixed automatically.
Neoma's face became serious.
“Let's have a seat,” Neoma created a long table with chairs.
Neoma sat on her throne which was also the seat at the head of the table.
On the table were snacks and tea.
“Please help yourselves,” Neoma kindly offered.
Leyla and Cecilia each poured tea into their tea cup.
Neoma laid back on her throne.
With a serious tone she started to explain, “Alright Cassius, I will tell you the truth about Dracula and his plan to overthrow you,”
We all listened carefully, especially me.
“5000 years ago Dracula came here with a plan to get rid of you once and for all, he said that he had many on his side and that your existence is a threat to all of us. When I asked how he planned on killing you he replied with having a weapon in the making progress capable of destroying you, all he wanted from me was to engage you in battle to keep you busy long enough so that he could strike when you least expected it. I saw no benefit to this however and refused to partake in this,” Celestials don't lie Neoma, knew about the plot beforehand but did not collude with Dracula in betraying me.
It was a lot to take in but not just for me, Leyla and Cecilia were shocked to hear that Dracula was not the King they and their generations of ancestors worshipped throughout the centuries.
“I-I can't believe the Bloodfallen family worshipped a false King,” Cecilia was devastated and lacked the words to express her guilt.
Leyla, also of royal blood, couldn't gather words and instead hung her head in disappointment.
“Why did you not tell me that Dracula was planning this?” I asked.
Neoma looked at me with her golden eyes.
“I'm a celestial, what you do in your world has no business with me. I chose to remain neutral taking no side,”
I couldn't be angry at her for that. Celestials don't meddle in mortal’s affairs, at least most of them.
“I encountered a Celestial who aided in Dracula's plan,” I told her.
Neoma was not surprised to hear this.
“It doesn't surprise me, your existence is a threat to us Celestials you have killed Celestials in the past just like with Werewolves, Humans and even Vampires who all stood against you, and against you they stood to destroy you or should I say seal you for the last 5000 years,”
I couldn't argue that I have made enemies out of Celestials as well.
“I believe that I have everything I need then,” I said getting up from the chair.
Leyla and Cecilia stood up shortly after.
Neoma also rose from her seat.
“Cassius, I have one more thing to say,” Neoma told me.
I faced her.
“The Celestials are aware of your awakening, one could attack you at any given moment,” She warned.
This was certainly unsettling since I'm not as strong as I was 5000 years ago.
“I'll keep that in mind,” I replied.
Neoma and I bowed to each other as a sign of respect with Leyla and Cecilia doing the same.
“I hope you don't mind that I teleport us out of here,” I didn't care to go back the way we came through the sea of devouring souls.
“By all means go ahead,” She said, taking a few steps backwards.
“Until the next time we meet,” I smiled.
I cast Luniun and in an instant, we were back in Leyla's dorm room.
I stopped casting the protection spell I placed on both of them to shield them against the deadly effects of hell.
Leyla and Cecilia got on their knees and bowed to me.
“We are sorry for not recognising who the true King was,” They both lowered said with regret.
I was not expecting this to happen.
“Please rise. There is no need for you to feel guilty,” I told them.
They both stood up.
“It's Dracula who needs to answer for this not you or your families,” I realised something, it was not fair to punish the nobles of this era for the betrayal their ancestors did 5000 years ago.
“So what do you plan on doing now?” Cecilia asked.
“I continue to lay low as Ilyas for now to uncover more of the past,”
Leyla and Cecilia smiled at each other.
“You can count on us!” They said simultaneously.
I was glad to hear that I don't have to go through this alone.
“Thank you,”
(Inside Dracula's throne room)
Dracula was sitting on the throne.
Dracula chuckled, “So he went to see her—how interesting,”
Inside the throne room was another figure cloaked in a long black robe.
“So it was true, we didn't succeed in destroying him for good,” The figure said with a deep voice.
Dracula showed no concern, “Don't worry, he’s lost everything he once had, the story of him being the villain will not change,” Dracula said.
“I hope you're right Dracula,”
“When have I ever been wrong?” Dracula said with sarcasm.
The figure disappeared into nothing.
“Haha, what will you do next Lord?”