Ch.39 Salt & Nanas

**Insert Irrelevant gif***

**UNEDITED+ DEDICATION GOES TO @saiyajin4 THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORTIVE MESSAGE LAST WEEK. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO LEAVE ME SUCH A MESSAGE. BELIEVE IT OR NOT; I DONT GET THOSE KIND OF MESSAGES A LOT! :)***

Remy wanted all the protection he could get for his mate and daughter. If that meant becoming alpha, he'd do it.

Maddox nodded, before hiding his snout with his black paws. Remy smiled softly and gently rubbed the spot between his ears.

After standing back up, Remy shared a look with Genevieve. She nodded and smiled, as if understanding what Remy had wanted to express. "It's okay."

Remy leaned down and pecked her lips quickly.

My beautiful luna mate.

...

Remy walked down the wooden steps, his footfall silent on the porch steps. The family house behind him was in the process of burning to the forest ground, black smoke rising to the early morning sky. The heat of the flames felt extremely hot against Remy's cold skin. He walked to the parked SUV that was nicely hidden within the large trees, getting in and watching the house from his window.

The last three hours had had Remy on edge, his beast rising to the occasion of settling an unfair fight. Sixty-four members of the Shadow Steele pack had made it out of that torture house. Remy was happy with the outcome of the situation, expecting way worse. The pack had lost three members, but those three had already lost their lives the night before.

Harvey and King had been the ones to assist Remy in the act of getting the injured pack members in vehicles and the healthy ones on their way to Remy and Gen's house. After Remy had been sure that all the werewolves were in safety, he calmly walked back into the house and down into the dark basement where he had distracted the dark fairy with salt. Surrounding a fae with salt was an old trick but nonetheless it had worked.

The fae had been more than surprised when Remy stormed into the house. Her first reaction was to aim at Remy with potions filled with Wolfsbane, yet the hybrid had expected that, dodging the fluid with inhuman speed. Surrounding her with salt was the next step. The ultimate distraction for fae's was salt or sugar. By pouring salt or sugar on the floor in front of a fairy, no matter how strong they are, must get down and count each grain until done. The rest of the work was done with a match and gasoline.

The trick with the salt and sugar was something Remy had learned from Caroline. Speaking of Caroline, she was quick to share her opinion with Remy on the whole situation as always. Caroline didn't think becoming an alpha was what her son needed at the time. If it was up to her, Remy should focus all his attention on his family, especially with his first child being born within the next month. Being alpha for a pack Remy barely knew wasn't the smartest thing for him. It was more than just responsibility, it involved caring for each member, knowing each member on a personal level, providing them with what they needed to survive, training the fighters etc. That was more than Remy could handle at the moment.

If he wanted safety for his family, then joining the pack was a great idea ... but not as their alpha.

Remy listened to her whole statement but in the end it was his choice. As he had listened to Caroline once again share her opinion on Remy's life decisions, he had wondered if every mother pried into their children's personal lives. Remy had hoped that Genevieve would naturally be interested in their daughter's life but only to some extent. He didn't want their daughter to feel like she had to lock her bedroom door, scared that they'd go searching through her stuff or that they were constantly suffocating her in her own personal space. Remy didn't want their baby girl to think that they were overbearing or controlling.