Chapter 17

My pov:
We were going to use the elevator to find something upstairs, but took the steps as a safe route. We made it to the second floor and decided to go to the third instead. We were gonna work our way down. We walked around trying to open the doors, but lots of them were locked. We tried to unlock them or break them with bricks but that didnt help. We didn't need to risk bleeding. Some of the doors were already opened. As if some of the people were running from the zombies. We went into room 40 and opened it. There was suitcases, left sprawled open and nothing inside, there were rotten take out food boxes in thr garbage. And $150 bucks hiding under the lamp. I thanked god we found it. It would be worth taking in the end. We moved on to 41.
"So...danny, you're married to josh?"
"We were married, but spilt up."
"Oh...sorry"
"Thats ok, I'm comfortable talking about it"
"Why did you split up then?"
"He found somebody new, only after 4 months of having amelia..."
"Wow. Kinda jerky move there"
"Heart wants what it wants. That was the hardest part. But, I think we are together now. His..." I lowered my voice.
"His wife was killed just the other day by one of these things"
"Whoa! That fast?"
"Yep. He was pretty torn but. He knew he needed to stay strong for me and amelia"