Chapter Four: A Dark Past

*Edited*

Dominic

I had received a text early that morning from Clarissa saying she 'needed to talk' and I had rolled my eyes and sent it to trash. After spending another five minutes going through texts from old girlfriends, models and heiresses — booting each request into the trash — was a text from Amara, she wanted to meet for coffee at a suitable time to talk about some designs she had decided on before heading the store to collect samples.

I was starting to like it when she was all business, it was cute. I replied with a "4 sound okay?" And she replied immediately with a "will do."

I smiled at her short answer. It was straightforward, not needy or hinting at something else. It was like a pat on the back from a teammate or a bro hug from your bro. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not for long.

I had said I wanted her in my bed, and now the game had began. I wanted her now, though she seemed a little too perfect not to sleep with more than once and from what I'd gathered she liked playing hard to get. She probably had a rule that kept her from dating clients but I was never good with boundaries.

I tossed my phone to the side and went to get ready. After a steaming hot shower now fully dressed, I walked out into the kitchen. I frowned at the steaming hot plate of buttermilk pancakes that sat waiting on the table.

"Who made these?" I questioned no one in particular as I sat down, a little brunette head popped out from the pantry and smiled.

I frowned and started eating anyways. "I'm Natasha but you can call me Tash."

Sounds like Trash.

"Hello Tash, I don't remember bringing you home last night..."

She giggled clasping her hands in front her, she smiled. "No sir, your mother hired me."

I rolled my eyes, "Of course she did, let me guess. You are not to sleep with me. Yes?"

"Yes, that's correct."

"Great." I smiled. That wouldn't last long cause I'm sure to have your ass in my bed by tonight, I thought as I watched her walk back into the pantry.

After finishing my delicious meal and thanking Natasha, I put on my tie and dropped my phone into my pocket. After pondering what car to take for what seemed like an hour, I decided on the Ferrari. I was Italian after all.

Amara

I loved my job, mainly because it was my dream job and only so few got a chance at that and also because I didn't have to work at the office. If my client wasn't having a meeting with me and I'd gotten what I needed to get for them done, I could do whatever I wanted.

And that's how I found myself at the same restaurant along the waterfront eating hot chips and sipping a slushy. Dominic had said he wanted to meet at four, I had finished my design ideas and I didn't have any other clients. Cooking had been an option that I'd opted out of so I decided to go to the boardwalk, and eat.

I ignored the fact that I was near work anyways because the building site was just three doors down which also meant Dominic was nearby. I shook my head and chastised myself.

I watched the kids on the path and thought back to when I was an innocent little child as well.

I missed being a child, eyes so full of wonder and still looking to explore the world. And now I was hesitant to even leave the city I was in, determined not to travel far. 

I had never been in a positive situation but I'd been okay with it, happy about it even but what had happened to me 5 years ago wasn't pleasant, it had scarred me and I wished I hadn't been so unlucky.