Lost Girls

Chapter Seven

Elena decided to call Stefan and ask him to meet us at The Grill. I'm here sitting beside Elena and across from a vampire who couldn't stop glancing at me while Elena talked. "How do you stay in the sun?" he picked up his hand showing the old fashioned ring he always has on "This ring protects me giving me the ability to go free under the sun"

"Crosses" Elena continued with her interrogation.

"Decorative" he answered with ease.

"Holy water"

"Drinkable"

"Mirrors?"

"Myth"

I sighed knowing we were going no where. So I said the first thing that came to mind "Blood"

They both looked up at me "Nina" Elena said to stop me and I knew she didn't want to know anything that revolves around blood.

"No, it's fine Elena I came here to answer any questions you have"

I continued "You said you don't drink human blood how do you survive"

"Animal blood" he said quietly and I nodded for him to continue "Animal blood keeps me alive but not as strong as Damon"

"Is that why you let him get involved with Caroline?" Elena said crossing her arms and frowning.

I looked at her confused "Elena how did you know-?"

"No, I mean I kinda knew something was going on but-" Elena knew all along that something was going on and didn't care to tell me. Great more secrets.

I got up taking my purse "Wait Nina" I looked at a Stefan he was begging me not to tell anyone in his head.

"I won't tell anyone I promise... I'll see you at home Elena"

At home me and Jeremy sat in the living room watching some stupid comedy show that was on. But, the only thing I was thinking about was if I could really trust Stefan with Elena. "Hey Nina are you ok?" I looked at Jeremy and smiled slightly.

"Jer I have to tell you something" I turned to him knowing he deserved to know the truth.

"What is it?"

"Stefan he-" Just when I was about to tell my little brother everything the door bell started to ring not just one time but many times.

"What the hell?" Jeremy got up and walked to the door. I stayed on the couch and turned the channel to the news but nothing was interesting.

"Who is at the door Jer?" I asked when he didn't come back.

"It's Vickie" I turned around to find her wearing sun glasses and sweat dripping down her forehead.

"Vickie are you ok?" she shook her head frantically and ran to the kitchen. I got up quickly and ran next to Jeremy "Is she stoned?!" he shook his head.

"I don't know Nina" he brushed his fingers through his hair.

"Food Food" Vickie repeated.

"Vickie are you ok?" Jeremy backed up when she took out everything there was in the refrigerator and threw them on the kitchen counter.

"I need quiet I need quiet!!!" She shouted shocking me.

I jumped back "I'll go call Matt please try to calm her down before she brakes something" this was definitely not the normal Vickie.

I dialed Matt's number and he picked up right away

Matt you need to come over now

Why whats wrong Nina?