Blood Brothers

Would you guys like me to put more pics of what I picture Nina to be wearing in some chapters?

Chapter 23

Damon was sitting on the couch silently drinking something, honestly it could be anything. I couldn't sleep a wink last night maybe because I was worried about Stefan or maybe because I was going to sleep in the same house as two vampires, one of them being Damon. "How is he?" I asked. Damon wasn't surprised at all he probably knew I was here.

"He isn't eating but hey I don't really care" Damon says smirking. I grabbed my bag from the couch to see 20 text messages from Elena and Jenna.

"Oh god I'm in big trouble" Damon watched me put my hair in a pony tail but he wasn't thinking about that. It was like he was looking at something but was thinking about a totally different thing.

"Let me guess the adopted Gilbert is causing troubles" Damon walked from the couch to the bar and filled his glass up. "Why didn't she come? Last time I checked she was the one dating Stefan". Damon looked interested all of a sudden.

"It's because I caused Stefan to be like this and I'm not the only one who thinks so" I said looking away from Damon. My eyes started to water but I held it in. I can't cry in front of Damon. I don't want to seem weak anymore.

"Does Stefan think it's your fault?" I shake my head still looking away trying not to meet his gaze. "Well than Elena is just full of shit then" My head snapped up and our gazes met.

"Don't say that, she is worried about Stefan more than any of us are" I said walking away to make my exit.

"Than why doesn't she come here and sleep the night at his house to make sure he is ok?" Damon was in front of me in a second blocking me from walking out the front door. "Why doesn't she risk her life and argue with a ravenous vampire that's her boyfriend"

"Damon move" I said looking at his chest not meeting his angry gaze.

"No"

"Damon why do you even care?" I asked rudely. I looked up to meet his face. It looked like I had just stabbed him with a stake. "I'm leaving I'll see you later" I walked around him and out the door.

ELENA

Jeremy is in his room and Nina is god knows where. She didn't come home last night which I can't lie made me worry. I shouldn't have sent her to see Stefan. She's been under so much stress and I was just so angry and scared. My cell phone rang and when I picked it up I heard the last voice I wanted to hear in the early morning. "So you sent you little sister to take care of your boyfriend?"

"Damon just tell me if he is ok" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"He's fine I have him locked up" My eyes widened "I put him on animal blood but, he's not eating" Damon said that while not even sounding a little upset.

"Oh and I need you to come baby sit" I heard him chuckle.

"Ok I'll be right there"

"Good because I have things to do"

"Damon what else would you have to do besides drink and kill" I spoke annoyed by his calm voice.

"Hahaha" He mocks over the phone before having up.

"Elena" I jumped when I heard Uncle John's voice.

"Uncle John" I sighed and moved back from him.

"I thought we could talk" He said looking at my phone, that I held tightly in my hand.

"I'm actually heading out" I said walking out.

"Oh it won't take long" He insisted walking over to my dresser.

"Ok" I sighed and pushed my hair behind my ear. "What did you wanna talk about"

"You know don't you?" He asked while picking up a picture frame that had my parents on it.

"Know what?" I asked confused.

"What do you think you mother would say, if she knew you were dating a vampire?" He asks facing my dresser.

He knows? Before he could see any reaction out of me that would please him I glared and said "Which mother?" I walked out my room in a hurry, not wanting to hear him any longer. I have to tell Damon.

NINA

I was out all day trying to clear my mind. I had to get away from everyone. I got a call from Elena and she sounded nervous. She told me that Uncle John knew everything. He knew about Stefan and Damon and god knows what else he knows. I arrived at The grill alone and went inside for a drink. I walked up to the bar and asked for a coke my cell vibrated in my pocket. Why is Damon calling me? "What does he want now?" I ignored his call and put my phone back in my pocket.

"Why are you ignoring my calls?" I jumped at his annoyed voice his cold breath hitting my neck.

"Damon what the-"

"I said why are you ignoring me calls?" He said annoyed "You ignore my calls at the worst time" I rolled my eyes.

"There's a reason why" I murmured. I took a sip of my coke and Damon silently sat next to me after ordering vodka.

"So whats the reason?" He asked finally.

"I wanted time to myself" I said quietly. "I'm tired of being pushed by Elena and feeling worried about Stefan, guilty about Jeremy and I'm tired of-" I looked at Damon and realized he was looking at me the entire time.

"Of me?" I shook my head and sighed.

"No not of you ... maybe" I said joking. He smirked and gulped down his vodka.

"Did you talk to Elena?" I asked.

"Yeah this morning but nothing special" He smirked "I needed someone to baby sit Stefan"

"Why can't you look after you own brother?" I asked worried about Elena's safety.

"Because little Gilbert I was too busy dealing with your uncle John" I raised my eyes brow at his nick name for me. He hasn't said that in a while.

"Honestly I'm a little scared about the idea of uncle John knowing about you and Stefan" I said sighing.

"Nina you never have to be scared, as long as I'm alive I won't let anything happen to you"  I gave him a sad smile.

"Thank you" I said quietly. Damon's face was close to mine I could feel his cold breath hit my lips. He moved closer to me and I froze. My heart began to beat faster and faster. Is he going to kiss me? Why now? No I can't not now not while Elena is in pain and Stefan is locked up. Damon's lips brushed mine and came back to my senses and backed up quickly.

"Damon I can't" I whispered looking anywhere but his face. Damon grabbed my chin and brought my face up to his.

"I know you can feel it too that connection between us" He said quietly. "But, I'll act like you don't" he said angrily. He left my side leaving me alone. His warmth left and in came a cold surrounding. He's mad at me but, I just couldn't, not now, not while there is so much I don't know yet.

"Hello Nina" A women's voice came from behind me. Her voice warm and friendly. I looked behind me my eyes widen at the sight of Isobel, Elena's birth mother.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter !

You guys got a little bit of Damon and Nina moments ! They are getting closer and closer!

Sorry that this chapter is really short!

Don't forget to Vote, comment, and share with all of your friends!